Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity
Options

Driverack PA+ and Bose L1 Model II

ervgreervgre Posts: 6
edited April 2010 in Connectivity
I'll stop to hear all the Bose bashing before I proceed....... :mrgreen:

OK, now for the question.

How in the world do I set the PA+ up with a Bose L1 Model II??? I'm using the Bose subs connected to the unit so the crossover is done. But which output do I connect from the PA+? Highs? Mids? Does it matter if I flatline the MHL crossovers? Does continous RTA even work in this arrangement? Of feedback elimination?

Too many questions and I'm sure I didn't give you enough information to go on.

btw, the setup is..... A&H mixer has inputs from mic'd guitar amp, bass amp, kick drum mic, and the Bose Tonematch (vocals w/effects) main output. Mixer output to two Bose sticks ananlog inputs. No monitors. Just the sticks.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I'm all to familiar with the bose stix...that said I will refrain from bashing.. which is rare for me :mrgreen: Yes it's doable..yes it's easy and yes you get all the features...

Set up a 2x2 and use the High outs only (you'll have 3 PEQ's that way...)

If you want to let the bose system set the HPF and LPF (recommended) drag the HPF to 20hz or out and leave it there...

Simply follow the directions for auto eq and FBX ( the unit will take you through the process)

More questions?
    Gadget
  • Options
    Thanks a ton!

but how do i get to a 2x2 setup? i'm supposed to use custom right? that gives me the option of custom biamp (2x6 i think) and passive (2x4 i think).
  • Options
    2x2 is 2 in 2 out or passive stereo, but it really doesn't matter all that much...even if you have a 2x4 and only use the hi outs that will work. Then all you do is lower the HPF to out on the high outputs.

Yes I recommend using the wizard.. and then you set up a passive tops with no subs and you should have a a 2X2..

As for a scheme for auto eqing those things I would try and find somewhere outdoors, away from all reflective surfaces...(and that means concrete or tar deck as well) because bose are all about spraying sound all over the place...

Keep us informed if you will.. we do try and help even those with blose speakers :lol::wink:

BTW Dra WAS trying to be helpful .. he just has a keyboard that doesn't always put all the letters where they belong...and his spell checker is dyslexic :mrgreen:
    Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

:?:
    I didn't say anything.

DRA
  • Options
    Sorry Dra.. got the wrong post.. it was a LONG night..
    :? :oops:
  • Options
    Thanks again.
    I can't seem to find any 2x2 config so I'm going with 2x4. Let me know if all this sounds right.....

input setup - stereo
    graphic eq setup - dual mono
    main spkr - custom passive
    sub speaker - custom stereo
    high amp - custom
    low amp - custom
    H PEQ - on , flatten , H shelf
    F1 118hz, g 0.0 db , Q .26
    F2 118hz, g 0.0 db , Q .26
    F3 118hz, g 0.0 db , S 4.5
    XOVER
    H - out , LR 12 , 0.0db
    L - out, bw 6 , 0.0db
    L - out , LR 12

btw... how can i find a set up without the subs? i'm assuming if i find that, then that gives me the 2x2.
  • Options
    If you select custom passive and select subs - NO. That is how you get a 2x2.

DRA
  • Options
    woo hoo!! found it! thanks all.

btw, do i need to go through the steps i found here for active speakers regarding gain structure?
    http://www.dbxpro.com/FAQs/index.php?q= ... mit=Search

or since i'm using the auto setup, no need?
  • Options
    The auto set-up (And I have never used it cuz I don't have a +) is to balance the components in the system. You still do a gain structure prior.

DRA
  • Options
    Don't use dual mono unless you want to auto eq both channels separately each and every time...

use stereo and stereo in the wizard, not stereo/dual mono
    G
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget and Dra. It sounds great. I had problems with the bass not EQing right until I read Gadget's last post. All seems solid.