Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

driverack PA setup

woodsytfwoodsytf Posts: 5
edited November 2012 in PA Configuration Wizard
im researching a used driverack PA that has been offered to me...
what slopes are available in this unit? how steep/shallow?

how much delay and in what increments is available on each channel?

will the software allow the crossover points to overlap?
eg: 20kHz~150Hz to channels 1&2, 200Hz~90Hz to channels 3&4, 100Hz~30Hz to 5&6?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    From memory LR 12, 24... BW 6,12,18 and 24
    Yes you can overlap crossover points you could go 20-20 on both if you wanted, but that's not recommended...

10ms delay per output, not re-distribuaable (260 is with 2.6 seconds of delay total) in .21 ms intervals :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Also BS. :mrgreen:

I mean... Bessel (sp) filters are available.

DRA
  • Options
    ok. thanks.
    any real pros or cons to the older driverackPA versus the newer PA + (plus)??
    i can't seem to find any real differences in the online specs...
  • Options
    A much better Auto-EQ proccess and mutes on the outputs on the front panel.
    I would say that it depends on the price you can get a used PA for.

DRA
  • Options
    can outputs be summed (mono-ed) independant of each other?

eg: output A mono full range for side audience fill, with output B stereo 2-way fullrange and output C mono-150Hz low cabinets.
  • Options
    Outputs are "Hi", Mid", and "Lo".

The "Lo" outputs can sum the left and right inputs.
    The "Hi" and "Mid" outputs are "garbage in - garbage out". You can't have a stereo and Mono sources.

However, your could input left and right. (stereo)
    Setup the DRPA as 2x5 (stereo bi-amp with mono sub)
    Use the highs for tops and mids for subs. Run the subs (assuming pairs) in stereo, or manually sum the mids outputs for mono to the amp(s).
    Use the Lows output for you mono fills.

DRA
  • Options
    i appreciate your help. trying to help a pal solve a church sound problem.
  • Options
    The "Hi" and "Mid" outputs are "garbage in - garbage out".
    Say WHAT :? :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I debated that use of the phrase. Just saying that what and how it goes in is what and how it comes out. Stereo in = Stereo out. Mono in = Mono out.

DRA
  • Options
    I do not believe there are Bessel filters in the DRPA.. I'll check mine but the manual says nothing about Bessel...

I think the PA+ sounds better also...As Dra said the auto EQ process is better.. MUCH faster like 5-10 seconds for a pass in low precision as opposed to maybe 45 seconds to a minute and a half (which is a LIFETIME when the jet engine is coursing through the building :shock:)
  • Options
    MrM45MrM45 Posts: 17
    OP ... the 2 point given here in this discussion is what sent me away from the PA and PA+ and toward the 260.

With the 260 you get 6 outs that can easily be configured any way you want them.

And if you need delay, the delay in the 260 is not just for in Cabinet speaker alignment - say 6 to 12 inches apart, there is enough delay in the 260 to delay your FOH mains with under balcony fill speakers if needed. And the delay can be configured to any of the 6 outputs I believe up to about 260 feet distance between outputs/speakers.

IMO, the 260 is much better suited to Church needs. Especially a church with more than 2 main outs and one stereo amp. (not to say that is the limits of the PA or PA+, its just easier to manage things with the 260).