Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Connectivity

Using Driverack 260 and zone control ZC1 volume control

deluxedeluxe Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in 200 Series Connectivity
Hi all

I have rewired a sound system for a local nightclub and used their existing driverack 260 to connect with 3 ZC1 zone volume controls (for entrance, bar and dancefloor).

The only thing I've noticed is that when turning the volume all the way to '0' it does not fully cut the noise, only attenuates It. Does this sound right? When setting up the panels on the 260 I have left the boost at 0 and cut at 40 (my guess is 40 means -40db?). The driverack does have latest firmware installed, but I am not tuning it through software, will the software allow me to adjust cut point at infinity?

I hope someone may know an answer to this. Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I have experience with the 260 and with the ZC3 (used with ZonePro), but not together. Can the ZC3 range be set to -infinity- in the 260? I would think so.

DRA
  • deluxedeluxe Posts: 4
    Dra wrote:
    I have experience with the 260 and with the ZC3 (used with ZonePro), but not together. Can the ZC3 range be set to -infinity- in the 260? I would think so.

DRA

Thanks for your response.

From what I've seen, the ZC3 is a program / source selector and not a volume control (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't confirm if the ZC3 can go to infinity (as we don't have it and have no use for it).
    I'm using 3x ZC1's to control volumes in 3 zones as we only need music coming from one source. Even the manual suggests 'cut' point is 40 for the ZC1 in the Driveware app, so I'm assuming that it does not fully cut the noise when turned all the way down. Bit of a shame really, should have bought the ZC2 with mute button if I had known.

Cheers
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Oops. (3 zc1 read in my mind as zc3)

Again, Can the ZC1 be ranged to -infinity- in the set-up?
    When you say the manual suggests -40... to me that reads that is can be changed to whatever you need (including infinity).

DRA

Edit - Looks like it is a max cut of 40db. You might be able to gain 10db more by increasing the boost to 10db (max setting). Then turn down you amps by 10db. Or turn down your x-over gains by 10db. Might work for you, might not.
  • deluxedeluxe Posts: 4
    Dra wrote:
    Oops. (3 zc1 read in my mind as zc3)

Again, Can the ZC1 be ranged to -infinity- in the set-up?
    When you say the manual suggests -40... to me that reads that is can be changed to whatever you need (including infinity).

DRA

Edit - Looks like it is a max cut of 40db. You might be able to gain 10db more by increasing the boost to 10db (max setting). Then turn down you amps by 10db. Or turn down your x-over gains by 10db. Might work for you, might not.

Yeah I thought as much...will try a few different options you suggested, and make do with the ZC1's.

Thanks for the help!