Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Software Control

DBX 14-10 Graphic EQ question

chefjeffchefjeff Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Software Control
Hi Folks,
Can ANYBODY tell me if there is such a thing as a factory reset code for the old DBX 14/10 EQ units? Or maybe a reset code for the 20 series?

Thanking you for your time,
Jeff

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The manual says nothing about it. You can call tech support. Is this reset just to clear out the memory or are you having a problem? If clearing memory, you could remove the battery which I read needs to be replaced on occasion.
  • Dra wrote:
    The manual says nothing about it. You can call tech support. Is this reset just to clear out the memory or are you having a problem? If clearing memory, you could remove the battery which I read needs to be replaced on occasion.

What happened is that I took it to a tech to replace the battery. The unit was working but would no longer store or recall any of the settings in memory.When I got the unit home and plugged it in the entire front display just blinked at me, about once a second. The rather expensive tech told me it needed "the factory reset code". I have emailed all over and it does seem as though there is no factory reset code for this vintage unit. I have to assume that the tech just didn't put it back together correctly.
    Unless you or someone else has some other idea?

My sincere thanks for your reply and for taking the time to try to help me.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You should call and talk to tech support.