Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack VENU360

Venu360 with Bose f1

AmondescuAmondescu Posts: 5
edited July 2016 in DriveRack VENU360
Hello guys,
What is the best config for my pa Bose f1 with venu360?

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    With or without the sub module? Regardless, it would be like any other powered speaker system.
  • AmondescuAmondescu Posts: 5
    With subs!
    Do you still have a question? Please be as specific is how you want to set it up and how you intend to use the system.
    About xover,limiter eq,etc
    I'm noobie on that so if someone can explain me what kind of settings can be made with bose f1 with subs and mixer yamaha tf1
    Thank you!
    I would use the system as Bose intended. Set up the Venu 360 with the Wizard. Select speakers as "Not Listed" > "Full Range" > No subs > Amp "Not Listed".
    Connections made as shown in the Wizard, using Outputs 1 & 2, into the subs. Follow the connection and switch select in the manual.

You should set a HPF in the x-over. Open the x-over, set the filter as Butterworth 18, @ 45hz. Assuming that the Bose has internal DPS filtering to protect from very low frequencies, you might just set a fail safe filter at 35hz. I suggested the raise to 45 (even 50)hz because it will give the amp more headroom and output capacity in the upper sub range. It really depends on your use. Higher volumes (working hard) need a higher filter. Lower or moderate volumes could filter lower.
    Setting the limiter is tricky, since the Bose have limiters in each cab. The 360's could be set to limit sooner, or be set as a fail safe brick wall to engage only when the Bose are limiting themselves hard. Or something else.

DRA

Should like similar to this. VVVVVVVV
    Thank you for your time!
    I wonder if it's not better to use it with
    2 mono highs with 2 mono subs?
    having asked several times how you will use this and for what purpose, I am still in the dark. But mono is fine. If all channels are panned to center (assuming a live sound application), that is mono. Again, mono, stereo... whatever you want to do is your decision.

DRA