Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

Target Curve Details, AUTO-EQ section

CybernaltCybernalt Posts: 22
edited December 2016 in PA Configuration Wizard
There are a couple different Target Curve Options when running Auto-Eq.

Can someone advise the +/- @ Hz assumptions used in the Rock Preset?

I notice it has a "bass bump" with a dip as it moves up the frequencies, and am curious what settings were assumed as "correct" for Rock.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    There are any number of ways to look at this subject, here I kind of ramrod things and I am of the school of less is more. The thing is, if you get your system basically ruler flat, then you can adjust for your taste later.

I don't like a totally flat system most of the time, but in difficult rooms, where any excess energy causes problems, flat is best, you'll get the best gain/intelligibility quotient.

In more "normal" spaces and outdoors I ten to mix with a system that is low end heavy (has a bump in the LF region) and generally falt midrange and gently sloping response after about 5-7 khz (mostly for listening fatigue reasons).

You can easily set up presets for the different "pre-curves" and audition them and see if any of them are to your liking.
  • Can you make your own target curve. If so, how?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    No. But you can tweek the EQ after the auto does it's job to achieve the nearest curve to your liking.

DRA