Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

ELX 115p powered speakers with driverack

NEXUZNEXUZ Posts: 5
edited November 2017 in PA General Discussion
Hello, new to this driverack pa2 and wanting to kNowhow would i go about setting up my EV ELX 115p speakers... dont know if the driverack has presets for my speakers or if I need to customize settings. How would i be able to do that the correct way as well as set eq’s and PEQ’s the correct way??? Ive been looking for the PEQ chart in my owners manual but dont seems to see them anywhere only have the specs which are these : • EVS-15K 381mm (15�) Woofer• 44 Hz – 20 kHz Frequency Range; 134 dB Max SPL• 1000 W Class D Lightweight Amplifer — Runs Cool without Fans• Bi-Amplifed Design with 24 dB/Octave Filter Slopes and Transducer Protection• Selectable 100 Hz High Pass Filter for Use with an External Subwoofer• Dual XLR and TRS Combo Inputs with Independent Gain Control

Thanks for any info and guidance

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Since you didn't list any subs, I'll assume that you don't use them in your system. No powered speakers that I am aware of will have presets that include PEQ settings. All that will already be in the DSP of the speakers. All you need to do is set a Hi-Pass filter at about 40hz using a BW18 or 24 slope.

You can still use the EQs in the DR to season to taste, and adjust to room conditions.

DRA
  • NEXUZNEXUZ Posts: 5
    SORRY about that i use my friends Qsc subs 181
    My answer doesn't change much. Pick any 15" powered speaker and any powered 18" sub in the list (or select all speakers and amps as NOT LISTED). Set the x-over @ 100hz LR24 for the high and low passes. I would start with the speaker gains at 12 o'clock, and adjust as needed.

DRA
    Speaker gains on the speaker it self or on the driverack?
    SO for My tops and subs 100hz and LR24?
    Speaker gains at 12 on the speaker. Yes, on the x-over points.