Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PA2
Options

PA2 vs VENU360

Uncle GeorgeUncle George Posts: 32
edited November 2017 in DriveRack PA2
For anyone who is not going to want - use the “third input�, is there any (serious) reason to replace PA2 with VENU360?

I m referring mainly to “functions� and not to audio specs (SNR, etc), where the VENU360 is (a little) "better"…

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Do you have need of delay stacks? The PA2 only offers driver alignment delay. I would also assume that the sound quality is better. Similar to the step up from the original PA to the 260. Does the PA2 have selectable peak and RMS limiters?
  • Options
    Basically, fuctions of PA2 are the following...

Zw0NLGX_ST-3enjPWmIoUo6RdmjULAblLIKxhlTWqEVfWHssJP1xQ96GB2FCbBP8xfsU=h900
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Seems that on the PA2 you must choose between GEQ & PEQ for pre-x-over. 360 allows both (simultaneous) pre-eq + output PEQ + Auto EQ on each input set.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Do you have need of delay stacks? The PA2 only offers driver alignment delay. I would also assume that the sound quality is better. Similar to the step up from the original PA to the 260. Does the PA2 have selectable peak and RMS limiters?
    There’s actually an input delay for doing delay stacks. It reads and adjusts in both distance and time. Not sure how long a delay it will do as I only needed 50 ms. Oddly enough I’d never used this feature from the app but did so from the front panel last week after discovering that my app was kaput (really, dbx?) and was thus forced to do so.

Oh, and hello again Dra... I’ve not been on this forum in years!