Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion

Connecting Mains and Subs to PA2

I have a set of powered mains and powered subs that I want to connect to a DRPA2.
These are JBL PRX family of speakers. Do I need to even set up the crossover in the PA2?
What if I just send the entire frequency to the mains and the subs and let them sort it out.
JBL speakers already have built in crossovers so what is the sense of setting the crossover in the PA2. Won't the subs just throw out any of the frequencies they can't handle and the same for the mains. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@soundzgood said:
    I have a set of powered mains and powered subs that I want to connect to a DRPA2.
    These are JBL PRX family of speakers. Do I need to even set up the crossover in the PA2?
    What if I just send the entire frequency to the mains and the subs and let them sort it out.
    JBL speakers already have built in crossovers so what is the sense of setting the crossover in the PA2. Won't the subs just throw out any of the frequencies they can't handle and the same for the mains. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You could do that yes, the powered speakers do have their own internal crossover.