Home dbx User Forum dbx General Discussion
Options

Can't integrate dbx DriveRack PA2 with my consumer preamp

I have a bi amped setup on my home stereo and am using a dbx DriveRack PA2 as an active crossover. So far, I have gotten it to work by selecting a bi ampable JBL speaker from the list, even though I'm running Klipsch 6000F floor speakers. I worked but sounded very tinny. Has anyone successfully pulled this off? I HAVE confirmed that my Rotel RC-1590 preamp WILL work with this setup. Thanks.

Comments

• Options

Holy shit, nobody knows? This really is GEEK stuff.

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

Sorry missed this thread originally.

Never use a different model speaker, always choose NOT LISTED. You are basically forcing your speakers to use a different models crossover curve, this is a bad idea.

Honestly, I don't even bother with the Wizard for the Input/Output setup on the DriveRack PA2. If you just need 2 Way Stereo or 3 Way Stereo preset, select recall and select the appropriate Factory preset for your input/output setup. After that you can go into and adjust the Crossover section manually to match your speakers Crossover usage and curve.

Sounds like you are getting only tinny sound cause you setup your high outputs probably only to allow high frequencies through.