Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX4 FAQs GNX4 Recording

can i use pro tools??

ok, well i know pretty much nothing about pro tools, can i plug my gnx4 in to a mac using the usb and record using pro tools?

Comments

• archonarchon Posts: 678
    good post!! BUT ive seen this conversation lead to bloodshed in the past :)

master of puppets has some of the best tunes and loads of good memories for me = but i think Justice was their most groundbreaking milestone album. came up with a whole new sound which everyone else nicked bits from..'course they weren't in the best of moods what with Cliff and everything.

but i still really like kill 'em all aswell - tons of attitude! more like punk than metal, riffs coming out of every orifice.

As for Pro Tools - im no expert but doesnt it need some sort of digidesign/m-audio brake out box or something?
  • Yes indeed a well thought out post. I thought you could plug anything into a MAC and it would just work... :roll:

Ride the lighning. THat album had so much fire and energy. It was raw and aggerssive. Master of puppets was a great album as well, but it wasn't as intense. I can listen to RtL straight through and think every riff (Except for \"Escape\" which was intentionally cheesy :roll: ) is outstanding.

MoP I get part way through some of the songs and feel like they are just droning on. The thing that should not be is a perfect example of this. Thats not to say that MoP was not a KILLER album. Almost 20 years after its release songs like Damage Inc. and Battery Can still get my heart rate elevated.

Justice... Ahhh the last good Metallica album. Still not as good as previous releases, but none the less a serious powerhouse.

Black album and beyond... four words:

DAMN YOU BOB ROCK!!! :lol::lol:
  • \archon\ wrote:
    As for Pro Tools - im no expert but doesnt it need some sort of digidesign/m-audio brake out box or something?

Yeah thats what i thought, i was wondering if you could use the gnx4 as the interface and use pro tools instead of pro tracks. my friend has just got pro tools so i will see what we can do with it.
  • \archon\ wrote:

Yeah thats what i thought, i was wondering if you could use the gnx4 as the interface and use pro tools instead of pro tracks. my friend has just got pro tools so i will see what we can do with it.
  • Yes you do need a compatible interface for pro tools le all of which are made by digidesign.

I believe, however, you can import your wave tracks and mix with it just not record to it.

& Im for kill'em all when they had somthing to prove.