Home DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL General Discussion and Chatter

Vocalist live 2

:? Whats up with the constant setbacks in the delivery of these Vocalist2 and 4 pedals. Since they are advertising the heck out of them, Featuring demos on the front page of there web sight to sell them and allowing stores to take orders for them and featuring them at Namm as the big product for this year...is there a problem with production or something...
I pre ordered one and at first a couple months back it was a \"spring arrival\"then pushed back to :? \"sometime in May arrival\" last week many music sight had a :x \"June 10th arrival\" now they have taken that down and just say comming soon! :shock:
:? Whats up with all the delays :?: is it a production or shipping issue. whats the official word on why its being pushed back? :?
hope this didnt come off as sounding angry as I am just wondering and no one seems to know the arrival date for this product.
...hopeing to get some responce as nobody else seems to know...including your vendors. :wink:

Comments

• guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    I don't know where they fall, but some mfg's base their Qtrs on the Fiscal Year. So when they suggest 2nd Qtr availability that pushes August time frames. 3d Qtr can be Oct of the same year. As a general rule most products after namm have a 4-6 mo schedule for availability, but some others have already scaled production before Namm. Remember the whole idea behind Namm is to see how many DEALERS are interested in new releases.

I know what you mean though, but if you get mag subscriptions with ads, keep in mind that the mag is probably two mos ahead of actual newstand date.. I've got June GP mag ads with gear that isn't due out til 4th qtr

Some things at NAMM are prototypes and are changed, or even removed for lack of interest from Dealers that attend.
  • iliaceiliace Posts: 5,567
    Their fiscal year ends in June.
  • KiLLiN-TiMeKiLLiN-TiMe Posts: 218
    :? Whats up with the constant setbacks in the delivery of these Vocalist2 and 4 pedals. Since they are advertising the heck out of them, Featuring demos on the front page of there web sight to sell them and allowing stores to take orders for them and featuring them at Namm as the big product for this year...is there a problem with production or something...
    I pre ordered one and at first a couple months back it was a \"spring arrival\"then pushed back to :? \"sometime in May arrival\" last week many music sight had a :x \"June 10th arrival\" now they have taken that down and just say comming soon! :shock:
    :? Whats up with all the delays :?: is it a production or shipping issue. whats the official word on why its being pushed back? :?
    hope this didnt come off as sounding angry as I am just wondering and no one seems to know the arrival date for this product.
    ...hopeing to get some responce as nobody else seems to know...including your vendors. :wink:

The Digitech Truck showed up at the guitar shop I work part time at and they had the vocalist 2 on the truck. That pedal is increadible!!! Your gonna love it ODB. It will be worth the wait from what I heard come out of it.

IMHO
    KT
  • 0Dannyboy0Dannyboy Posts: 1,083
    Right on KiLLiN:!: Thats what I wanted to hear. Can't wait to pull off Black water live with all the harmonies...I am so moist :shock: :oops:

:twisted: I finally got off my butt and talked around town to a few friends ... So things are lookin up right now looks like I might have 2 drummers lined up for rehersals...one heavy band one blues oriented, so I am definalty gonna gig with it this summer...finally :wink: 8)
  • KiLLiN-TiMeKiLLiN-TiMe Posts: 218
    Yea, the unit is crazy how it tracks the guitar, not the vocals. And it tracks incredibley well. It does things that would choke most harminizers.

Black Water will rule with this thing! You'll probably want to redo a bunch of your vocals on several songs when you start playing with this thing!

New stuff rulez!! 8)

KT
    \" I want it ...I want it ...I want it...\"
    The Who (magic bus)

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2007/01/25/new-music-technology-at-namm-2007.html
    8) Some new cool info about the technology involved in the VL-2. I have been surfing for info since I can do nothin but wait.. :(:lol:
    I am such a gasser! :roll: :lol:

http://www.3dbresearch.com/musiq_harmony_use.htm

http://www.3dbresearch.com/musiq_harmony_use.htm
    Its finaly here the elusive vocalist live 2 or VL-2 as I will call it.

I realize I am in the\" honeymoon stage \" of my purchase where everything sounds cool so I will give it a month or so before I give a review but honestly guys this is so simple to use and it delivers everything in the video and more...ever try to get your band to sing the harmoney parts to VH \"Dance the night away? :shock: I swear I saw Michael Anthony out of the corner of my eye while I was singin it man... it sounds that phat :wink: :!: :twisted: anyway back to jammin!!
    I've finally had a chance to try it. Borrowing a friend's model. I have one word.

WOW..... WOW...... WOW!

It actually works! :lol: Just like in the videos - pretty handy toy.
  • GNX JammerGNX Jammer Posts: 288
    I wonder how well it would work in a studio environment with the guitar track piped back through while recording vocals?

Hmmmm
    Yeah, I'm gonna try that. It does have a line-in, so I'm going to track a main vocal and a chord progression, then process each voice onto a separate track to compare. Hmm... maybe even do it with some of the old 44lbs mixes, if I can find them. The vocalist and I were jamming with it last night, a whole bunch of doo-wop and improv blues - great entertainment.
    I love mine I havent tried it in a studio enviorment yet as its got me singin every song I can remember and workin up a live set now. I cant put ot down long enough to replug it in . I just got a new amp and am running a very simple setup this weekend ( GBSG>VL-2>PA/FlextoneIII). but the fact you can turn the volume pedal down and use you phantom powed condencer mic it is cool. and i'll try it. this thing is a blast...the most musical fun I have had in a while. 8)
    :?
  • guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    Those are sweet. Just tested one a few days ago. Our bassist has the TC Helicon and some things are better, but some of the Vocalist features are a step up on the TC. Pretty cool unit
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    I was blown away just watching the DT video. I'd love to play with one. Might make my skanky vocals sound like I know what I'm doing... :oops:
  • I have an older Studio Vocalist that works with Mid or stand alone. AMAZING!!! It is also programable, but with the VL2/4 there will be no need for that. I am only mad that they didn't combine the two features. As soon as I buy one they will release the one with combined features.

:evil:
    \shredd\ wrote:
    I was blown away just watching the DT video. I'd love to play with one. Might make my skanky vocals sound like I know what I'm doing... :oops:
    Probably not, but it will make your skanky vocals sound like a gospel choir :D It actually is as impressive and (almost) as simple to use as it looks in the videos.
  • Alright ODannyboy, You've had it long enough.
    Where's the demo?
  • albyalby Posts: 16
    How does the unit respond to a guitar rhythm using E5 to E 6 to E b7?
    The reason I ask is that this is not a true chord, it’s simply a double stop and the higher note alternates between a 5th then a 6th then a b7th. What exactly does the musIQ technology make of this in terms of outputting the correct harmony?

Does the musIQ technology take into account the singer’s melody as well as the underlying guitar accompaniment notes? In other words does the unit’s note detection and harmony generation depend in any way at all on the singer’s melody or it is solely dependant on the underlying guitar accompaniment notes?

How does the unit respond to apegiated guitar chords?
    How does the unit respond to sloppily executed guitar chords?
    How does the unit respond to glissando guitar chords?
    How does the unit respond to single line guitar parts?
    How does the unit respond to double stops?

I own:
    DigiTech Vocalist VR (it's OK)
    TC Helicon Voice Prism (it's OK)
    TC Helicon Voice Works (best so far)

I’m thinking that with my guitar synth I can transmit MIDI note data in real time to get the same effect as the DigiTech Vocalist Live 2 but I have not confirmed this as of yet. I did ask TC Helicon if they thought it would work and they said they saw no reason why it would not work that way.

I have not compared the sound quality to my TC Helicon Voice Works though.
    I don't know the specifics, I only had the chance to try it on four occasions (once at a performance). But, it's pretty forgiving. It will work off a root note. For example, let's say you're doing the riff to Sweet Home Alabama (which is all single notes on D and C), it will know exactly what you mean. Or, let's say you don't have the chord shape ready, but you land the root note, then you have a couple of seconds to correct (fractions of seconds in reality) by finding the rest of the chord and strumming it afterwards. This actually creates neat effects. Obviously if you screw up the guitar chord you'll screw up the harmony, but so long as you hit some part of the chord it will get it right.

I'm not sure if you mean by \"does it take into account the note you're singing\". For instance, if the voice sings C over a G chord, the result will be a Gsus4 vocal harmony. So yes, solely dependent on the chord I guess. Again, haven't had a chance to play around with it and see exactly which different voices it produces under different circumstances - it was mostly a last-minute addition to our cover band, and did exactly what it was supposed to.
  • jyouellsjyouells Posts: 2

Can I download a users manual for Vocalist Live 2?

• jyouellsjyouells Posts: 2

Just found a manual to download..Thanks to anyone I bothered.