Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL General Discussion and Chatter

Digitech Vocalist VR

Just got a Vocalist VR Harmony processor off of ebay yesterday for 163.00 for our band. I have heard others using them and actually sang through one at a studio a while ago. I intend on using it live for our lead singer. Anybody have any experience with these?

JV

Comments

• iliaceiliace Posts: 5,567
    I have one (the VL-4 or whatever). It works.
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    I watched the vid demo at DT.com, I thought it was pretty cool. I'd love to try one out.
    Except I can't even sing with ONE voice; three of me would be like a bad acid trip. :shock:
  • jimiVjimiV Posts: 228
    LOLLL. Dude, I feel like I'm on acid every time I look at your avatar.
    \jimiV\ wrote:
    LOLLL. Dude, I feel like I'm on acid every time I look at your avatar.
    Well, enjoy it and be thankful you don't have to hear me sing.
    And, as most of you know, I change my avatar often, depending on my lust/frustration level... :oops: So hang in there...
  • Vocalist VR works best when controlled via midi by a keyboard. Set the keyboard and the VR to the same midi channel, run midi out of the keyboard to midi in on the VR, and you're set to go.
  • jimiVjimiV Posts: 228
    Hey thanks for the reply:

No KB here, just guitars, bass and drums with lead singer. Is that going to be a problem? If so, want to buy a Vocalist VR cheap???

JV
  • I use the Vocalist Live 2 in our band. I think it sounds pretty good when I manage to sing on-key. It is relatively inexpensive too.
  • iliaceiliace Posts: 5,567
    Oh, I didn't realize VR doesn't do pitch recognition. I was thinking about the VL series, which determines harmony pitches from an instrument input based on the chords you're playing.
  • 0Dannyboy0Dannyboy Posts: 1,083
    8) I have a VL-2 that is just a must have peice of equipment for me now. I use it in almost every tune. Even when theres no harmonies useing the voice doublers really add to the preformance come chorus time.
    I think for me as a singer songwriter sometimes preformer, its the most important piece of gear Digitech has made since the GNX3.
  • philfloodphilflood Posts: 834
    +1 on the VL 2. I had a VR at one time-very complicated, not really suitable for me. the VL-2 on the other hand is perfect.
    The one I saw a demo of was the VL-2, not the VR. They made it look brainless, capable, and thorough. I wouldn't want anything where the brain pain was more than the enjoyment I got out of it. :)
  • BenthereBenthere Posts: 1
    Vocalist vr can’t find a manual for the useless pos!