Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX Archive GENERAL Member Pictures and Videos

Top 10 Pop Albums of 2009

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster
ladygagamonster.jpg
Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D.
endcover.jpg
Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
kellyclarksonall.jpg
Barbra Streisand - Love Is the Answer
barbrastreisandloveistheanswer.jpg
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
lilyallen.jpg
Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment
adamlambertforyourentertainment.jpg
Rihanna - Rated R
rihannaratedr.jpg
Rob Thomas - Cradlesong
robthomascradlesong.jpg
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
greenday21st.jpg
Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream
susanboyleidreamedadream.jpg

Comments

• guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    We need a facepalm icon, but this will do :roll:

That's as bad as Rolling Stone Magz selecting HOF inductees.
  • gtausgtaus Posts: 2,680
    Are these your favorites or from some top selling list? FWIW, back in the day when Rolling Stone mag had the top 100 album list, my favorite albums were usually in the bottom 50. When RS dropped the top 100 album list to about 50, I kind of lost interest in the mag. The last time I looked at a RS mag, the Top 40 album list was mostly rap, and I just don't care for that style. Maybe I'm just too old.

Does anyone have a link(s) for some good music lists broken down by genre? I'm pretty much straight forward Rock 'n Roll and Blues, so I don't care for lists with Country, Rap, etc. mixed in, if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm just getting too stubborn with my increasing age.
  • RawbRawb Posts: 1,459
    Rolling Stone Mag! It's still around? When I picked up a guitar again several yrs ago. I was surprised to see Guitar player was still around.

Watson, you like an listen to all them LP's :?:

Taus no link for ya as you described. But I think I have a link to a place that gives top 10 or what ever for any given month of any yr.
    Things just ain't the same without the Wolfman and Casey Kasem :lol:
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649

SERiously. Could we please get a grip, and get back to the important things in life, like getting me hooked up with Shania??? :P
  • jckkeithjckkeith Posts: 4
    Actually, I am not surprised by FaltyDL taking their number 1 and actually it's the only thing I really like about that list.
    Jon Hopkins by a mile? Give me a break.. it's a good album but there has been a ton of better albums. It wouldn't make my top 20.
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649

Thanks g. I didn't wanna be the one to say it... :roll: :roll:
  • My top 10 album of 2009 are:

1. Solstafir - Kold
    2. Cobalt -Gin
    3. John Frusciante - The Empyrean
    4. port-royal - Dying in Time
    5. Ghost Brigade - Isolation Songs
    6. Balmorhea - All Is Wild, All Is Silent
    7. Rome - Flowers From Exile
    8. Sui Caedere - Threne
    9. Austere - To Lay Like Old Ashes
    10. CunninLynguists - Strange Journey Volume One
  • gtausgtaus Posts: 2,680
    \Rawb\ wrote:
    Rolling Stone Mag! It's still around? ....Taus no link for ya as you described. But I think I have a link to a place that gives top 10 or what ever for any given month of any yr.
    Things just ain't the same without the Wolfman and Casey Kasem :lol:

Yeah, Wolfman and Casey Kasem, them were the good days for me, too. Yesteryear I bought Rolling Stone mag for the top 100 album list in the back. I could care less for the articles. Today, I read Rolling Stone mag if they have a good article and could care less about their top 20 album list. Don't know what happened to me, or Rolling Stone along the way, but I can certainly live without them now. BTW, it was always the bottom 50 albums on the top 100 list that I found most interesting.

About 10 years ago I found a web site that offered audio clips and reviews of new albums that were coming out. Each new album on the list got about a 3 minute review with audio clips. That web site went out of business and I've never found another one quite like it. But that was my favorite type of review because you could hear if the music was interesting to you or not.

Maybe I need to get back into the search engines and see if I can find anything like that again. My free time is just limited and my interests are too varied to fit everything I would like to do.