Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX4 FAQs GNX4 Recording

sd to cf card adaptor

Comments

• gtausgtaus Posts: 2,680
    IMHO, here is a better idea, Newegg.com sells 2GB CF cards for as less than $10 each: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=2gb+cf&x=0&y=0

A cheap card reader to read CF cards into your computer, if you need one, would be a whole lot less money than the $160 adapter you linked.

Best wishes.
  • shreddshredd Posts: 5,649
    \gtaus\ wrote:
    IMHO, here is a better idea, Newegg.com sells 2GB CF cards for as less than $10 each[/url]

A cheap card reader to read CF cards into your computer, if you need one, would be a whole lot less money than the $160 adapter you linked.
    Best wishes.
    What he said.
    $120 for an adapter, and $40 to ship??? PuhLEEZ. Give me a call - I've got a fortune in diamonds tied up in Nigeria; I just need your bank account number and SSN to get them out, and I'll give you half. :roll:
  • gtausgtaus Posts: 2,680
    So.... will it work or not..there are cheaper ones,

In theory, it should work. The GNX4 will \"only\" work with a maximum 2 GB card. Anything more is wasted. A 32GB SDHC card in that SD to Compact Flash card only gets you 2GB of useable memory on the GNX4. The rest of the card might be totally wasted due to the formatting required by the GNX4.

You can get about 6 hours of record time on a 2GB CF card. My point was that a 2GB CF card is less than $10, so it would not be worth my time trying to get an adapter which cost $$$ more than what I know works. If you need more than 6 hours of record time, you could buy CF additional cards or record directly to the computer.

At one time, I too looked into the SD to CF adapter option. The bottom line for me was economics, the adpater was too expensive compared to the low low price of CF cards that you can buy today. That, and the 2GB limit on the GNX4. Best wishes.
  • Yes..I know how cheap the cards are there in US,I prob wouldve bought a few by now.
    i'm not there and 2gb cards are hard to find here,smallest are 4gb and I might have missed the boat there as well...8gb smallest now....
    Its just that ive read a lot of negative issues with the IDE/CF/SD type of adaptors when looking to convert my Korg or Roland IDE multitrack HDD recorders,not all flash rom systems are fooled by the conversion... I read.
    I'm not in a position to try before I buy,so hence my question.
    Cheers
  • guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    I don't know of anyone that have used one of those adapters successfully.

Korg and Roland I know are very proprietary, so I can understand those adapters not working for them. Digitech is different. I recall using on of my my already formatted CF cards in a camera some years ago. The camera just created its own directory on the card, but my card still worked in the GNX4 as well.

GNX4 will take up to 2GB per its firmware. If you use a 4GB card it will only address 2GB.

You may even be able to find some 2GB CF cards locally at smaller retailers like drug stores, even some music stores, camera shops etc. Doid you look for any 2GB CF cards on Ebay AU?
  • I wont be back in Oz for awhile yet.
    Im in africa,and a lot of ebay sellers wont ship here.
    I'll keep my eye on Craigslist/Gumtree here,and hopefully might find an old 4gb card in a shop somewhere.
    So I probably wont bother with an sd adaptor,as finding a 2gb sd card is just as bad...LOL.. although I do have a few spare.
    Cheers
    Im in africa,and a lot of ebay sellers wont ship here.
    Africa, huh? Tell yuh what. Fix me up with Charlize Theron and I'll BRING you a 2G card. :twisted:
  • LOL...Youve got more chance finding her in NYC or LA than this side...
    so pass the 2gb card to her for me when you see her on the Red Carpet,that'l be your cue and opening line...and maybe later a date?
    LOL...Youve got more chance finding her in NYC or LA than this side...
    so pass the 2gb card to her for me when you see her on the Red Carpet,that'l be your cue and opening line...and maybe later a date?
    \"Hey Charlie...how ya doin', darlin'? I know you've got nothing else to do with your spare time...so how 'bout you n me stepping out for some frozen yogurt...and I'll give you this memory card to drop off to exanguinator next time you're back home???\"

What girl wouldn't fall for a line like that?!? :P