Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech GNX Archive Threads GNX4 FAQs GNX4 Recording

Wave traks, with drums, some without

After going over my many recordings, I've noticed that some of the tracks, reviewing them in Audacity, have the drums recorded to what I played along with & others don't have the drums...

I don't understand how I did that...

I set the drums in Song Setup & then arm the drums to begin when I start recording, but I know that they don't appear when I go to edit in (Sonar) what i mainly use, but I used Audacity for a quick review because these tracks are building up, I need to organize them & noticed this problem.

Mostly every song I record I use the drums to keep time & give it a groove.

So my question, how do I make sure the drums will be on or off before I start recording...so they don't appear when I edit them in PTP or Sonar

haha, I've had my gnx4 since 2005 & i still don't know how to fully use it :P

Comments

• guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    Typically the drum machine will be synced and assigned to the song. If you want to record the Drum Mach Audio:

Press Shift then CF USB 1/2 or USB 3/4
    Display should show input source. Set to Stereo All, Mono, Mono Drums. St Drums etc.

Exit with the exit button.

Press Drums MP3 button on recorder panel until it lights red (for arming).
  • GiG-DaDDyGiG-DaDDy Posts: 24
    Typically the drum machine will be synced and assigned to the song. If you want to record the Drum Mach Audio:

Press Shift then CF USB 1/2 or USB 3/4
    Display should show input source. Set to Stereo All, Mono, Mono Drums. St Drums etc.

Exit with the exit button.

Press Drums MP3 button on recorder panel until it lights red (for arming).

Thanks for answering I will give that a try! :)
  • GiG-DaDDyGiG-DaDDy Posts: 24
    Is there a way to arm the drums in PTP? or Sonar?

Thanks again!
  • guitar3456guitar3456 Posts: 3,494
    I don't get here as often these days. Sorry for late reply. try PM since that will prompt me to check.

Not sure what you meant by \"arm the drums\"