Home DigiTech Software

X-Edit Mac

An update for X-edit 2.6.1 on Mac is required. 32 bit apps will no longer run after the Mac OS Catalina update.
Please keep your Digitech customers happy and recompile it for 64 bit!

Comments

• Unfortunately all of the products using X-Edit are discontinued now for some time and there will likely not be any further software updates. We suggest running a dual boot OS that can run 32 Bit programs, or a Windows PC to run X-Edit for preset management.

• emckemck Posts: 4

I have X edit 2.7.1 installed in my macbook with osx el capitan. Software works fine when connecting my BP 355. (Firmw 1.1) I have just bought a used RP 355 (firmw 1.4)
    and connecting whith the same usb cable a message like “no valid device found. check usb connection and try again” appears. However, the audio connection works fine and the rp355 is properly identified by the daw. Could someone help me so as to be able to manage patches with the computer on the rp?

• emckemck Posts: 4

Solved. I find out that it is necessary to run 2 different x edit versions in order to successfully work with two (almost the same) pedals (355 for bass and 355 for guitar)

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 614

Good report, I was not aware of that, I do not have access to or use a Mac. Appreciate your information and follow up

• mervmerv Posts: 2

Hi, I have a Rp355 plugged into my very old Mac G5 running OS X 10.5.8 PowerPC. When I go to system settings I can see rp355 is listed but I can't get a signal thru to Logic 8. The drivers on the digitech site are for intel Mac only.. firstly are there any earlier drivers available and secondly is there some more fundamental error I am making?

To my knowledge the RP devices are Mac Class Compliant. There is no driver download for that. I was unable to find a Power PC version of X-Edit but I'll keep looking, still X-Edit is not needed to use the RP355 as a recording input device. Maybe look at the USB Record level on the RP355.

• mervmerv Posts: 2

Thanks for getting back to me. When you say the 'USB Record level on the RP355', do you mean the master volume? Or is there another button somewhere I'm not aware of. Kind Regards, Merv

edited June 23

@merv said:
    Thanks for getting back to me. When you say the 'USB Record level on the RP355', do you mean the master volume? Or is there another button somewhere I'm not aware of. Kind Regards, Merv

On the Unit - Go through the Edit Menu and selection for Pickup, and the knob second from furthest right is for USB Record Level (Amp Level) the knob to the left of that one is USB Playback Mix.

• dannyaell666dannyaell666 Posts: 1
    Hi guys!!! I have a RP500 and I’m trying to connect it to my 2011 MacBook Pro, running High Sierra. I have downloaded the X-Edit 2.7.1 straight from the Digitech’s product page, but it doesn’t work. It says “no valid device found”. With GarageBand, to record tracks, works fine. I want to download new patches and edit them on my mac, how do I do it?

@dannyaell666 said:
    Hi guys!!! I have a RP500 and I’m trying to connect it to my 2011 MacBook Pro, running High Sierra. I have downloaded the X-Edit 2.7.1 straight from the Digitech’s product page, but it doesn’t work. It says “no valid device found”. With GarageBand, to record tracks, works fine. I want to download new patches and edit them on my mac, how do I do it?

Double check the security settings in Mac to make sure the software can use the hardware? Sometimes High Sierra blocks developers software in the security section of the System Preferences