Jamman Manager XT Software not working with device

mike_80mike_80 Posts: 2
edited December 2019 in DigiTech Software

Hi Jamman users,

1) I've installed a version of this software on a PC (32bit) working with Win 7 when I bought about one year ago a Jamman Stereo Solo XT looper pedal. Program worked erratically very often. The program has been always very slow to read a 10 Class Kingston SD Card. But anyway I used the Pedal often.
Yesterday I wanted to install some new loops on the device and the program doesn't work at all. Device seems to be seen by the software but after a while program turns off. Windows told me that it wasnt' possible to solve the problem. Probably is a driver issue problem ? Does anybody know how to solve it? The Pedal alone works perfectly.

2) I've downloaded a new software (version 2.0) today and installed on another PC (64bit) working with Win 10. Problem is the same. After a while the program turns off, as the device comes connected to the PC.

Unfortunately this program has been obsolete from the very beginning and the HARMAN DIGITECH Support site does'nt give any advice al all of how to download new versions, drivers, etc ... Very sad
I own other discontinued DIGITECH pedalboard effects that work with no issues with their old software.

Hope someone can give me any advice. Regards,
Mike

Answers

• jlejle Posts: 1

JamManager also does not recognize my JamMan Stereo. (v. 2.3.5, Win10/64)

This is very frustrating, as I cannot retrieve files off the device.

• My Jamman Stereo worked fine for years, and now for no apparent reason the Software will work fine provided I do NOT plug in the Jamman device. As soon as it's plugged in and running I get a software error that Jamman XT has stopped working, close the program. What the heck??? I removed all newer installed software, and reinstalled the Jamman software. No better... Any ideas out there? Thanks! Bob

• @BobbyGinAZ said:
    My Jamman Stereo worked fine for years, and now for no apparent reason the Software will work fine provided I do NOT plug in the Jamman device. As soon as it's plugged in and running I get a software error that Jamman XT has stopped working, close the program. What the heck??? I removed all newer installed software, and reinstalled the Jamman software. No better... Any ideas out there? Thanks! Bob

Currently there is an issue with the JamManager XT software. You need to without the pedal connected, open the software, and go to Edit>Preferences (or the little gear icon at the top of the software) and set it to never look for a firmware update on startup.

There is a web url resource they moved internally that the process looks for so it can never complete that and causes the software to crash. They are trying to fix that. There very likely will not be a firmware update for this pedal though, so this workaround will fix.

• @mike_80 said:
    Hi Jamman users,

1) I've installed a version of this software on a PC (32bit) working with Win 7 when I bought about one year ago a Jamman Stereo Solo XT looper pedal. Program worked erratically very often. The program has been always very slow to read a 10 Class Kingston SD Card. But anyway I used the Pedal often.
    Yesterday I wanted to install some new loops on the device and the program doesn't work at all. Device seems to be seen by the software but after a while program turns off. Windows told me that it wasnt' possible to solve the problem. Probably is a driver issue problem ? Does anybody know how to solve it? The Pedal alone works perfectly.

2) I've downloaded a new software (version 2.0) today and installed on another PC (64bit) working with Win 10. Problem is the same. After a while the program turns off, as the device comes connected to the PC.

Unfortunately this program has been obsolete from the very beginning and the HARMAN DIGITECH Support site does'nt give any advice al all of how to download new versions, drivers, etc ... Very sad
    I own other discontinued DIGITECH pedalboard effects that work with no issues with their old software.

Hope someone can give me any advice. Regards,
    Mike

JamManager XT 2.3.5 has been verified working on Windows 10 latest build 1909. Try updating your .net Microsoft Framework or remove and reinstall that. Also try to install the software with Driver Signing disabled:

Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
    1. Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    2. Click Update and Security.
    3. Click on Recovery.
    4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
    5. Click Troubleshoot.
    6. Click Advanced options.
    7. Click Startup Settings.
    8. Click on Restart.
    9. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
    Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers.

• mike_80mike_80 Posts: 2
    edited January 17

Hi guys,
    Thank you all for your advices. I solved the problem doing as EElde says. Days ago found same advice on another thread and it works!! Works ok on my WIN 7 and WIN 10 PCs. Device comes recognized and programm doesn't crashes.
    So if you set the programm to: "never look for a firmware update on startup" it will work. Seems no new versions of this Software will be released so I suggest to try this option. Mike

• @mike_80 said:
    Hi guys,
    Thank you all for your advices. I solved the problem doing as EElde says. Days ago found same advice on another thread and it works!! Works ok on my WIN 7 and WIN 10 PCs. Device comes recognized and programm doesn't crashes.
    So if you set the programm to: "never look for a firmware update on startup" it will work. Seems no new versions of this Software will be released so I suggest to try this option. Mike

The firmware issue should be fixed as well now, FYI