Home DigiTech Products

DOD Pedal - Replacing Switch

I'm replacing the switch on my DOD FX10. When I removed the dead switch, a small piece of metal wire popped loose from underneath. It's bent at a right angle on one end and has a loop on the other end. How do I properly place this back in the pedal?

Thanks.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

If this is the old FX10 Bifet Boost? Unfortunately, I don't have any repair advice to impart and any of the guys in our current service center would not have worked on these. I would try to contact an Authorized Service Center, these guys in Utah might have been around and worked on these pedals back in the day.

Music Village USA
    4598 S 700 W
    Riverdale, UT 84405
    (801) 399-1418

[email protected]
    www.musicvillageusa.com

• 79adam7979adam79 Posts: 2

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    If this is the old FX10 Bifet Boost? Unfortunately, I don't have any repair advice to impart and any of the guys in our current service center would not have worked on these. I would try to contact an Authorized Service Center, these guys in Utah might have been around and worked on these pedals back in the day.

Music Village USA
    4598 S 700 W
    Riverdale, UT 84405
    (801) 399-1418

[email protected]
    www.musicvillageusa.com

Thanks, I'll write them.

Ya, it's an FX10. I've never seen a piece like this. I'm guessing it's working as some kind of spring or suspension for the switch.. it was in-between the switch the actual pedal (the thing you stomp).

A lot of the later DOD/Digitech stuff like the X Series had a rubber actuator built into the foot switch that hit the actual bump on switch on the PCB board. A lot of the time the actuator or rubber piece would break off or wear down, but I am not sure if this pedal has the same function

Another option is to look at the 410 Bifet Boost to replace it, they are easy to find, we had a bunch for sale but have since gone out of stock but a lot of retailers still have it.