Home DigiTech Products

Total newbie with Trio PLUS connections

Hi all, hope someone out there is cleverer than me and can help stop me losing hair over this!

I recently purchased a Trio+ and for the life of me am struggling to correctly set it up with my pedalboard and amp fx loop.

To clarify, I have drawn up a schematic of the board :

Can someone point me to where the Trio+ properly connects? From all the diagrams, including the ones from the instructions, I still struggle to understand where to put the Trio+ in this set up.

The way it’s set up is that the NS-2 noise suppressor sits at the front of the loop (directly from the send from the amp to reduce noise introduced by the amp in to the loop circuit) using the original input as a reference point (as per Boss instructions). The NS2 helps clear the noise up from the Marshal loop, and is why it’s connected as is.

I have tried the Trio+ at various points in the board, but have issues when connecting the guitar to the ‘guitar in’ of the trio+, and, then trying to loop through the fx send / receive and where (if any) to put the amp out, which is already used by the over drive pedal series to the amp. I have seen youtube guides that don't even use the amp out on the Trio+. I'm just so knotted up in confusion I think my brain has shutdown.

I tested just using a parallel one pedal to the next and have the trio at the end, cutting out the amp loop completely, and just using the guitar in and out at the end of the series, and it worked, but sounded terrible to my ear (reminding me of why i use the amps send / rec loop in the first place!!).

Most likely I’m over complicating this, but any advice / guidance would be appreciated. To note, I have a mixer to a set of audio speakers, so have the band part covered, so no issues there.

Thanks all.
S

Comments

• Steve2020Steve2020 Posts: 2

Finally got the solution! A kind gent pointed me in exactly the right direction.

Tuner (Boss TU-3) to the GUITAR INPUT on the Trio +
    FX SEND from trio + in to the compressor
    Reverb OUT (RV-6) in to the FX RETURN of the Trio +
    AMP OUT from the Trio + in to RETURN of the Marshall amp stack

Mind blown :blush:
    Hope it helps anyone else stuck in the same treacle filled hole!

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

@Steve2020 said:
    Finally got the solution! A kind gent pointed me in exactly the right direction.

Tuner (Boss TU-3) to the GUITAR INPUT on the Trio +
    FX SEND from trio + in to the compressor
    Reverb OUT (RV-6) in to the FX RETURN of the Trio +
    AMP OUT from the Trio + in to RETURN of the Marshall amp stack

Mind blown :blush:
    Hope it helps anyone else stuck in the same treacle filled hole!

Excellent info, thanks Steve