Home DigiTech Products

Obscura LED always on

edwillysedwillys Posts: 2
edited June 16 in DigiTech Products

Hello,

My Obscura is working fine from the effect standpoint. However, ever since I turned it on for the first time, the LED has never completely turned off when in bypass, instead it was more lightly dimmed in red. Back then it was still possible, though a bit confusing, to visually tell the difference between effect on or bypassed.

Unfortunately recently the problem has become worse and the LED is always ON. It is no longer possible to tell the difference between effect on and bypass.

Could it be a problem with the soldering? I'd expect a bad connection on the LED and it being either fully on, off, or simply erratically blinking. Has any of you had a similar problem? Would you recommend something?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

Yeah the only time the LED should be on when not engaged is when you are using the Tap Tempo. I think you have been in contact with our tech support as well. We will continue your case there

• edwillysedwillys Posts: 2

Yes I have, thanks for the reply. I wanted to check if somebody else already had this problem before here.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

@edwillys said:
    Yes I have, thanks for the reply. I wanted to check if somebody else already had this problem before here.

Yes I'm curious as well, but I have not ran into this specific issue in all my time doing support here. I am assuming a problem with the PCB or a component etc