Home DigiTech Products

JamMan Stereo : no output sound

The device seems to work proprely, all lights get on or off normally, When I play a loop, the rec red light is on, it seems to record well, also the play green light is ok, the overdub orange light too. Internally everything seems to work ok.
But absolutely no sound gets out anymore, even if the level knods are turned up to their max (whichever it is : loop, rythm, mic, inst).

No output either from the left out, right out, rythm out, earphone plug.
I did the factory reset.

So it seems to be a hardware problem.
As I live in Europe (Brussels), please give me the link to repairing service based in Europe, preferably in Belgium or France.
Thanks.

Answers

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 601
    edited June 29

Hello Arnold.

First make sure you have the correct power supply. If you look at the jack by where it plugs in –

If it says 9VAC – Power supply has to be PS0913B
    If it says 9VDC – Power supply has to be PS0913DC

I realize you've tried the Factory Reset but try this.

Try the Manual Firmware Rewrite (requires an SD Card)
    You will need to unzip the .zip folder’s contents onto the root directory of an SD card. The SD card will be put into the Jamman with power turned off. Powering on the Jamman, the pedal should automatically check the SD card first, then attempt to load the new firmware. If the pedal successfully boots, remove the SD card and do not put it back in the pedal until you remove the remaining update files from the card. Let me know what you find."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RMJLOtATLwqCI6OOEQNTA4FIWCn2W354

The Digitech distributor in France is: Algam
    https://www.algam-webstore.fr/

They can help you with service should you need

• Hello, thank you for your reply.
    I checked the power supply : it's indeed PS0913B, and the jack says 9VAC.
    I did the firmware update through rebooting with the SD card following your explanations.

But unfortunately the problem is not solved.
    Still no sound getting out.
    Nonetheless, from the computer through the usb connection and the JamManager, I can check, see and hear the loops that are recorded on the device. So internally the JamMan seems to work well, and the input plugs seem ok.
    It's definitely something at the outputs level that is the problem.
    Actually, when i turn the level knods of the JamMan at their maximum (loop level mainly), as well as the volume knod of the amp, I can very very very slightly hear the recorded loops. So the sound gets through somehow. But with a major loss of gain.

Thank you for the links.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 601

@ArnoldJacques said:
    Hello, thank you for your reply.
    I checked the power supply : it's indeed PS0913B, and the jack says 9VAC.
    I did the firmware update through rebooting with the SD card following your explanations.

But unfortunately the problem is not solved.
    Still no sound getting out.
    Nonetheless, from the computer through the usb connection and the JamManager, I can check, see and hear the loops that are recorded on the device. So internally the JamMan seems to work well, and the input plugs seem ok.
    It's definitely something at the outputs level that is the problem.
    Actually, when i turn the level knods of the JamMan at their maximum (loop level mainly), as well as the volume knod of the amp, I can very very very slightly hear the recorded loops. So the sound gets through somehow. But with a major loss of gain.

Thank you for the links.

You're welcome! Yeah sounds like all considerations are met then Arnold. I would recommend contacting for service then in France. Best of luck