Home DigiTech Products

jamman looper only records aux input

I have a jamman looper. It now only records using the aux input. If I switch the record mode to inst/mic and plug an instrument in the instrument jack it does not record.
The instrument plays fine through the pedal via the inst jack but it does not record.

Answers

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

JamMan Stereo?

Make sure your Inst and/or Mic Level knobs are up loud enough.

• jhinsheljhinshel Posts: 4

The inst and mic levels are up. I have a good idea about how the pedal works. it works as expected when the input is via the aux. When the input is via the instrument input and the record mode is selected to inst. the device does not record even though the instrument signal is transmitted through the unit i.e. guitar plays through the pedal to the amp but cannot record.

The pedal is not a stereo - it has two foot swiches and is just called a jamman looper

Gotcha, you have the original JamMan Looper. That's why I asked. Thanks for that info.

Make sure you are using the PS0913B Adapter for the pedal.

Try to reformat the CF Card to reset the Looper to see if this will resolve the issue (you will need to backup any existing loops before this process if you want to save them)

1. Press and hold the Shift, Store and Delete buttons simultaneously for two seconds. The display will show EL (Erase Loops) and the Delete button will flash.
    2. Rotate the Select knob and FO (Format) will appear in the display.
    3. Press the Delete button. F? (Format ?) will now appear in the display (the Delete button will continue to flash). To abort this procedure, press the exit button.
    4. To initiate the card formatting procedure, press and hold the Delete button for two seconds. The Card Busy LED beside the display will light indicating the card is being formatted.

I have the PS0913B Adapter. I already tried formating the memory card before reporting this issue. I am at a loss about how to address this. The pedal still works as demonstrated by the funcioning aux input and it seems like the instrument signal is received by the pedal.

Likely there is a fault with the pedal itself. I don't have any further troubleshooting advice. At this point the only option would be to take it to an authorized service center as we discontinued service for these in 2014.

If you are in the US you can contact any of these authorized service centers:
    https://pro.harman.com/service_centers