Home DigiTech Products

JamMan Stereo and guitar amp

I am thinking of buying this device.
I have very little experience/knowledge so far and hence have some concerns.

I learned some basics about audio connections like the different levels (mic, instrument, line).
From what I see in specs of the looper I can understand that the main inputs are meant for instruments and main outputs for line-level devices (I assume there is a preamp in the looper).

Now if I would make the simplest chain (guitar - looper - amp) I see a problem cause most guitar amps are meant for a direct connection with the guitar (they usually have a preamp on the front).

Qustion: is this a real issue? Can I connect the looper to the preamp of the amp? Isn't it bad for the devices (looper/amp)? What about the sound quality?

Question2: if I had an amp with an effect loop, could I place the looper there? I'd see a similar issue on the other side of the looper (loop send on the amp would be in my understanding line level).

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 619

@bydlaque2 said:
    I am thinking of buying this device.
    I have very little experience/knowledge so far and hence have some concerns.

I learned some basics about audio connections like the different levels (mic, instrument, line).
    From what I see in specs of the looper I can understand that the main inputs are meant for instruments and main outputs for line-level devices (I assume there is a preamp in the looper).

Now if I would make the simplest chain (guitar - looper - amp) I see a problem cause most guitar amps are meant for a direct connection with the guitar (they usually have a preamp on the front).

Qustion: is this a real issue? Can I connect the looper to the preamp of the amp? Isn't it bad for the devices (looper/amp)? What about the sound quality?

This is fine yes, the outputs can be plugged directly into a guitar amp. No sound quality issues.

Question2: if I had an amp with an effect loop, could I place the looper there? I'd see a similar issue on the other side of the looper (loop send on the amp would be in my understanding line level).

You could yes, a lot of people do this so the loop playback is not affected by the preamp sound.