Home DigiTech Products

Trio+ Settings change at random

With my Digitech Trio + there was such an annoying feature. When you turn the style selection knob, the settings change at random. A factory reset does not eliminate this. I don't know what the problem is - software or hardware.

Comments

• Goo69Goo69 Posts: 5
    Switching occurs not sequentially, but in random order. Items jump in random order.
  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 610

Which settings are you referring to that change? Tempo, Genre? Etc.

> @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > Which settings are you referring to that change? Tempo, Genre? Etc.

This comes with two knobs - Genre & Style. The problem was initially after purchase, but the device is new.

I absolutely understand the layout of the pedal. You're saying that the settings are changing whenever you adjust the style, I'm asking you which settings are changing, can you be more descriptive etc?

> @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > I absolutely understand the layout of the pedal. You're saying that the settings are changing whenever you adjust the style, I'm asking you which settings are changing, can you be more descriptive etc?

My English is poor. The setting word is probably not correct. Turning the Genre and Style knobs does not switch items sequentially. For example jumps over several points. Or even begins to rush in a chaotic manner. It's easier to see it. I can shoot a short video.

@Goo69 said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    I absolutely understand the layout of the pedal. You're saying that the settings are changing whenever you adjust the style, I'm asking you which settings are changing, can you be more descriptive etc?

My English is poor. The setting word is probably not correct. Turning the Genre and Style knobs does not switch items sequentially. For example jumps over several points. Or even begins to rush in a chaotic manner. It's easier to see it. I can shoot a short video.

No that makes more sense, thanks for explaining. It sounds like those encoders are bad then. I would return the unit to get swapped out if you still can from the place you bought it of service would be another option (either sending it in to get fixed or if you feel confident getting the parts to repair yourself)

If you are outside of the US then you can also inquire for service to get the unit. In Europe contact our tech support [email protected] and they can assist you with getting the correct service option