Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Products

Problem with expression pedal - Whammy 5

Hi guys! New here :) I need some help with my whammy 5. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't do the full "bent". I mean, I have to press my toe with some more strenght than usual to mantain the full octave up (for example) and when I take out my foot, it releases a bit of pitch. I tried calibrate, but, following the instructions, it should show the whole movement reflected in 4 leds turning on and off consecutively, and it only does that when I move the expression pedal kinda hard (pushing the toe more). When I do it "normally", it only shows 3 leds. Do you know any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Answers

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,123

    @elmasodoacro said:
    Hi guys! New here :) I need some help with my whammy 5. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't do the full "bent". I mean, I have to press my toe with some more strenght than usual to mantain the full octave up (for example) and when I take out my foot, it releases a bit of pitch. I tried calibrate, but, following the instructions, it should show the whole movement reflected in 4 leds turning on and off consecutively, and it only does that when I move the expression pedal kinda hard (pushing the toe more). When I do it "normally", it only shows 3 leds. Do you know any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

    Sounds like there is a mechanical fault with the pedal at this point. There really isn't any advice I can impart to you to fix on your own. I would look into a service option. If you are in the US you can email us at [email protected] to setup a Service RA to send to our Factory Service Center for the pedal in to be evaluated or you can look into an 3rd Party Authorized Service Center:

    http://pro.harman.com/service_centers

    Bear in mind these service centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fee structure.

    If you are outside of the US in the EU you can contact our EU Tech Support
    [email protected]

  • > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > (Quote)
    > Sounds like there is a mechanical fault with the pedal at this point. There really isn't any advice I can impart to you to fix on your own. I would look into a service option. If you are in the US you can email us at [email protected] to setup a Service RA to send to our Factory Service Center for the pedal in to be evaluated or you can look into an 3rd Party Authorized Service Center:
    >
    > http://pro.harman.com/service_centers
    >
    > Bear in mind these service centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fee structure.
    >
    > If you are outside of the US in the EU you can contact our EU Tech Support
    > [email protected]


    Oh, I'm in South America, unfortunately. What can I do?
  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,123

    @elmasodoacro said:

    @HARMAN_EElde said:
    (Quote)
    Sounds like there is a mechanical fault with the pedal at this point. There really isn't any advice I can impart to you to fix on your own. I would look into a service option. If you are in the US you can email us at [email protected] to setup a Service RA to send to our Factory Service Center for the pedal in to be evaluated or you can look into an 3rd Party Authorized Service Center:

    http://pro.harman.com/service_centers

    Bear in mind these service centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fee structure.

    If you are outside of the US in the EU you can contact our EU Tech Support
    [email protected]

    Oh, I'm in South America, unfortunately. What can I do?

    Sent you a Direct Message

  • elijahelijah Posts: 1

    Exactly the same problem here. It was working just fine, and today the same thing happen during recording. Same, calibration didn't help, in toe-down position pitch lowering to 7th instead of octave once I remove the foot.
    I'm in UAE now. Is there any chance to try fixing it on my own? Coz it seems to be the choice between this and throwing it away.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,123

    @elijah said:
    Exactly the same problem here. It was working just fine, and today the same thing happen during recording. Same, calibration didn't help, in toe-down position pitch lowering to 7th instead of octave once I remove the foot.
    I'm in UAE now. Is there any chance to try fixing it on my own? Coz it seems to be the choice between this and throwing it away.

    No "in the field" fixes elijah unfortunately. I am not sure who the Service contact would be in UAE, I would send an email to [email protected] and they can assist you with finding a service option locally for you

Sign In or Register to comment.