Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Products

JamMan Solo XT Error Code

Hey guys. I have had my JamMan Solo XT for about 5 years now I believe, and only recently did I decide to install the partner software on my PC to backup my loops. Downloading and installing the software was fine (although the screen resolution of my PC makes it so it is extremely small which I have tried to correct to no avail but I can deal with it) and plugging in my pedal had no problems. But now, after i unplugged the pedal, it refuses to work at all. Whenever I try to switch my loop via up and down buttons, it just says Err and does not allow me to do anything. It seems like a plugging it into my PC completely bricked it out of any feature. Plugged into my amp, nothing goes through it anymore. I have tried a factory reset, and now I am simply stuck on the "1" figure that comes up after you do a factory reset. I backed up my saved loops on my PC so I'm not worried about those, but the pedal refuses to do anything and always just gives me the "Err" error code whenever it's done booting up after plugging it in or if I try to use any of the functions. It simply no longer works and I am wondering if anyone has any solutions as to why it may have just stopped working after i plugged it in and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Comments

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

    @therealtoh said:
    Hey guys. I have had my JamMan Solo XT for about 5 years now I believe, and only recently did I decide to install the partner software on my PC to backup my loops. Downloading and installing the software was fine (although the screen resolution of my PC makes it so it is extremely small which I have tried to correct to no avail but I can deal with it) and plugging in my pedal had no problems. But now, after i unplugged the pedal, it refuses to work at all. Whenever I try to switch my loop via up and down buttons, it just says Err and does not allow me to do anything. It seems like a plugging it into my PC completely bricked it out of any feature. Plugged into my amp, nothing goes through it anymore. I have tried a factory reset, and now I am simply stuck on the "1" figure that comes up after you do a factory reset. I backed up my saved loops on my PC so I'm not worried about those, but the pedal refuses to do anything and always just gives me the "Err" error code whenever it's done booting up after plugging it in or if I try to use any of the functions. It simply no longer works and I am wondering if anyone has any solutions as to why it may have just stopped working after i plugged it in and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

    If you plug in via the USB Cable and have it check for firmware under the program settings? Also what OS are you running Windows or Mac?

  • therealtohtherealtoh Posts: 4
    It was plugged in via the USB cable and it doesn't show there are any updates to the firmware. The version on the device itself shows up as 1.06 I believe? Like when you turn it on. I am on windows.
  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100
    edited March 3

    @therealtoh said:
    It was plugged in via the USB cable and it doesn't show there are any updates to the firmware. The version on the device itself shows up as 1.06 I believe? Like when you turn it on. I am on windows.

    Got it, that is the correct version indeed. I would try a manual reflash of the firmware, extract these files onto a MicroSD card formatted to be read by the JamMan Solo XT, make sure that the files are in the Root/Top directory, not in any subfolders. With the JamMan Solo XT turned off, insert the MicroSD card, the pedal should check the files and run the updater. Let me know if you have any trouble?

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W5FAVrA_4oW3BXWdd6JK177VMukIFqte/view?usp=sharing

    Also when you are done with the manual firmware update, remove the extracted files from the microSD card root directory

  • therealtohtherealtoh Posts: 4

    I will go ahead and give this a try. The only issue is I cannot format an sd card to the JamMan Solo XT while the error code persists through that function. For instance, when I try to hold down the 'STORE' button, it gives me the busy code "bus". Would I still be able to do this without the card being fully formatted? It's a brand new card.

  • therealtohtherealtoh Posts: 4

    That actually completely fixed my issue! Thank you so much for your help! I was worried that I was going to need to buy a new looper and was sad to find out that these had been discontinued considering how amazing they are! I will just avoid plugging the looper into my desktop directly from now on and use the SD card instead. Thank you so much again! You saved me a couple hundred bucks and a huge headache!

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

    @therealtoh said:
    That actually completely fixed my issue! Thank you so much for your help! I was worried that I was going to need to buy a new looper and was sad to find out that these had been discontinued considering how amazing they are! I will just avoid plugging the looper into my desktop directly from now on and use the SD card instead. Thank you so much again! You saved me a couple hundred bucks and a huge headache!

    Glad it worked! Yeah as long as it can read the card should be good to go. You're welcome!

  • mpeatonmpeaton Posts: 1

    @HARMAN_EElde The firmware files fixed my JamMan. Thanks.

  • HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

    @mpeaton said:
    @HARMAN_EElde The firmware files fixed my JamMan. Thanks.

    Glad to hear it! You're welcome

Sign In or Register to comment.