Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Products

RP355 not working

I recently got the DigiTech RP355 from a friend who has had it for a long time but never used it. I have been using the product for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with it working with an amp. I wanted to be able to play it through my computer so I bought a USB a to b cable and have had some problems with it not playing unless I have it turned on and plugged in to my computer, then restarting my computer. Today I wanted to use it but when I plugged in the power, the name would show up on the display but then it would go dark. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in but the same thing kept happening. The display shows nothing, none of the LEDs work and I can't get any sound from it. Is there something I could do to maybe get it to start working, or is it just completely broken? I have only used the power supply that came with it and I can factory reset it but once it's finished the name flashes on the display and it goes back to not doing anything.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,105

@CannedEvil said:
    I recently got the DigiTech RP355 from a friend who has had it for a long time but never used it. I have been using the product for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with it working with an amp. I wanted to be able to play it through my computer so I bought a USB a to b cable and have had some problems with it not playing unless I have it turned on and plugged in to my computer, then restarting my computer. Today I wanted to use it but when I plugged in the power, the name would show up on the display but then it would go dark. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in but the same thing kept happening. The display shows nothing, none of the LEDs work and I can't get any sound from it. Is there something I could do to maybe get it to start working, or is it just completely broken? I have only used the power supply that came with it and I can factory reset it but once it's finished the name flashes on the display and it goes back to not doing anything.

Maybe try reformatting it via the firmware updater and see if that will get it to work -

https://www.digitech.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_Harman/default/dwe920d6fc/pdfs/NetUpdater1.0.1.zip

• CannedEvilCannedEvil Posts: 5

My computer doesn't even recognize that it's plugged in so the net updater just says there isn't any device detected.

Here's a video of what keeps happening.

Are you using the correct PS0913B adapter?

I'm pretty sure I am. I've only been using the power supply that came with it.

It will say HPro and the model PS0913B on the adapter itself. Verify?

That's what it says. Hpro , model PS0913B-120-B

Okay thanks for confirming. Maybe the adapter has a short in the cord as well, that sometimes happens. There are no other troubleshooting steps to try really and likely there is another issue with the pedal itself internally or hardware (you might be able to feel if in the power adapter jack feels loose, that might be the problem too), especially if it will not stay on, stuck in a boot loop and not responsive to factory reset or firmware update procedures.

Service would be the best option, we no longer fix them but a 3rd Party Authorized Service Center might be able to look at it for you, but honestly the money you will pay to fix this out of warranty you would be better off to find a new/used unit on Reverb.com compared to what you will pay in repair, that's usually the case etc.

Alternatively you can contact a Authorized Digitech Service Center as well if you so choose:
    https://pro.harman.com/service_centers?utf8=✓&q[state_eq]=&q[service_groups_name_eq]=DigiTech&commit=Search
    Bear in mind Authorized Service Centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fees

Sounds good. Thanks for the help!

@CannedEvil said:
    Sounds good. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome! Anytime!