Home DigiTech Forum DigiTech Products

TRIO + overall useability issues

Just purchased the TRIO +
Using it with a Taylor 414ce acoustic Guitar, for accompanyment.
I see alot of praises about this unit on the focum, but sorry, I just don't see it.
Tracking is terrible.
Whatever it starts playing back doesnt even closely resemble what was played. even with one chord strum per measure.
tempo is not even close.. always strange-off and beat.
baselines are strange
sound quality of drums and bass are cheezy at best.
I could go on. But I'll stop here.

Never heard anything this awful , Is my unit defective?

Comments

• srogerssrogers Posts: 2

Support told me the Trio+ has trouble tracking acoustic guitars with buit a pickup. So I tried an Electric guitar. it doesn't track any better; not even with one note per measure. Don't even think of trying to play one chord per measure, that creates completely bizzare playback. I checkd for firmware updates too - its up to date.
    A complete waste of time and money.. imo a complete POS. I'ts being returned.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,100

@srogers said:
    Support told me the Trio+ has trouble tracking acoustic guitars with buit a pickup. So I tried an Electric guitar. it doesn't track any better; not even with one note per measure. Don't even think of trying to play one chord per measure, that creates completely bizzare playback. I checkd for firmware updates too - its up to date.
    A complete waste of time and money.. imo a complete POS. I'ts being returned.

The Trio+ I've encountered it working fine with a lot of Acoustic Electrics and Acoustic pickups. I've never heard of it having trouble with any Electric Guitars. The biggest consideration is that there can be no pedals between your guitar and the Trio+ (not even a tuner) and the guitar volume has to be at 10, if you have it lower it will not learn. It needs the full impedance signal