Home DigiTech Products

Trio+ - live using pre-recorded songs. Advancing songs using a footswitch.

I have recorded a number of songs. I have the Digitech three-button pedal and use it in Live Mixer mode. I want to advance songs during my performance. It seems that the only way I can do that is to push the song button on the pedal and turn the knob to change songs. I can't do that with the Trio+ on the floor. It has to be on the floor because I need to step on the Band switch to start each song. My hands are on my guitar! How can I assign a footswitch button to do that? I'll give up a Live Mixer button function to do this.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 705

@jmichaelo said:
    I have recorded a number of songs. I have the Digitech three-button pedal and use it in Live Mixer mode. I want to advance songs during my performance. It seems that the only way I can do that is to push the song button on the pedal and turn the knob to change songs. I can't do that with the Trio+ on the floor. It has to be on the floor because I need to step on the Band switch to start each song. My hands are on my guitar! How can I assign a footswitch button to do that? I'll give up a Live Mixer button function to do this.

As of now we do not have an ability to switch songs via footswitch or an ability to change this. I can certainly suggest this as a feature request to our product dev marketing. I am not sure if they will continue with a new firmware update or implement into a new product, my bet is probably on the latter.

What a lot of guys have done is use the FS3X for control on the bottom for foot and then have the Trio up on a mic stand pedal shelf that they can adjust with their hand without bending down etc.

• jmichaelojmichaelo Posts: 22

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    What a lot of guys have done is use the FS3X for control on the bottom for foot and then have the Trio up on a mic stand pedal shelf that they can adjust with their hand without bending down etc.

Thanks. I am currently doing this using Table Top mode. That way I can start the song with the FS3X.

Because I am playing guitar I am wondering how to make this work. Thinking out loud... I could use the FS3X in Live Mixer mode, Trio+ mounted on the mic stand. I would change songs as I do not. I would set up the Count-in then start the Count-in by using my hand to press the Band button then start playing with the song. Is this what you are referring to?

Damn, I am very tempted to open up the Trio+ and wire a jack to the existing Band button terminals so I can use a footswitch!

I have heard from other people who have done such things, but bear in mind, modifications do void warranty and are not endorsed or supported by Digitech Support as a solution or supported, and of course that's just the disclaimer I am obligated to share

No problem. I certainly understand the warranty side of it. It is very hard to screw things up by adding an external footswitch in parallel the one in the case, though. Just keep the soldering clean. So... today I successfully soldered a length of wire to the Band switch and verified that touching the other ends together creates the same effect that the short and long presses of the original footswitch do. I will be drilling a hole in the case for a 1/8" jack (there is no room for a quarter-inch jack) and using an 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch patch cable to use with a Boss FS-6 footswitch pedal.

Of course, I could have saved myself the trouble if the firmware would allow me to map the FS3X accordingly! The next generation of this product must be capable of doing that!

Cheers

Mission accomplished! I was able to fit a 1/4 female jack through the case above the Micro SD card slot and wire it to the Band footswitch circuit. Now I can keep the Trio+ mounted on my mic stand alongside the TC Helicon Play Acoustic and use it in Live Mixer mode - way cool track muting capability - AND start and stop the song with my Boss FS-6 footswitch pedal. I could get a single footswitch pedal to save room on the floor but I had this extra one laying around. I am a much happier musician today :-)

@jmichaelo said:
    Mission accomplished! I was able to fit a 1/4 female jack through the case above the Micro SD card slot and wire it to the Band footswitch circuit. Now I can keep the Trio+ mounted on my mic stand alongside the TC Helicon Play Acoustic and use it in Live Mixer mode - way cool track muting capability - AND start and stop the song with my Boss FS-6 footswitch pedal. I could get a single footswitch pedal to save room on the floor but I had this extra one laying around. I am a much happier musician today :-)

Necessity the mother of invention! Glad it's working for you :smiley: