Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

Partybox 300 delayed sound on TWS

Hello,

I have two Partybox 300 speakers and when I connect them in TWS mode, after a while the sound is delayed ... I have to turn off the player or the music and wait a few seconds for it to resync.
Both speakers have firmware 151110.
How can I solve this rather annoying problem?
Thanks

Comments

  • BigBenBigBen Posts: 1
    Hi..
    I have the same issue. Bought 2x 300s at the beginning of May and been an unlistenable nightmare from day one.
    30 email exchanges with customer and tech support and no solution as yet.
    Has anyone had any luck with this massive problem yet?
    I am in discussions with Harman but it's all very slow and I am running out of patience with it. Best part of £800 for a high end audio set up that does not work..
  • Same problem . I bought two to dj with . They are even delayed staight out of my mixer . They are useles so i had two buy two more monitors
  • :|
    I can confirm the delay in both aux input and TWS on the Partybox 300. Been talking to JBL customer service for 2 months now with no avail. They are refusing to acknowledge the issue, thus do not buy the product, i also call for a petition for owners who have bought the partybox 300 and have the same issue.

    > @BigBen said:
    > Hi..
    > I have the same issue. Bought 2x 300s at the beginning of May and been an unlistenable nightmare from day one.
    > 30 email exchanges with customer and tech support and no solution as yet.
    > Has anyone had any luck with this massive problem yet?
    > I am in discussions with Harman but it's all very slow and I am running out of patience with it. Best part of £800 for a high end audio set up that does not work..

    > @shaynemc said:
    > Same problem . I bought two to dj with . They are even delayed staight out of my mixer . They are useles so i had two buy two more monitors
  • I am also having the same issue and this is incredibly frustrating. Spend nearly 1000$ on a sound system specifically for the TWS mode and it's unusable.

    I have been a JBL customer for years. If they don't address this that will change.
  • I also am having the same problem bought two party box 300s 500 each one came with a damaged sub that now makes noise. They both have the tws delay both freeze and make a loud crash sound i have been buying jbl for years this needs to be addressed we trusted the jbl name
  • I have the same issue with my jbl partybox 300’s, i updated my speakers to version 32 which i got from a representative and the speakers started to have a noticable delay that was not present before. I updated them because they had volume sync issues before which is not gone but I have this new issue.
  • @BigBen said:
    Hi..
    I have the same issue. Bought 2x 300s at the beginning of May and been an unlistenable nightmare from day one.
    30 email exchanges with customer and tech support and no solution as yet.
    Has anyone had any luck with this massive problem yet?
    I am in discussions with Harman but it's all very slow and I am running out of patience with it. Best part of £800 for a high end audio set up that does not work..

    you must update bought 2x300 with the same firmware versions. Which is your firmware version now?

  • @fultondu said:
    I am also having the same issue and this is incredibly frustrating. Spend nearly 1000$ on a sound system specifically for the TWS mode and it's unusable.

    I have been a JBL customer for years. If they don't address this that will change.

    @marektwarog said:
    I have the same issue with my jbl partybox 300’s, i updated my speakers to version 32 which i got from a representative and the speakers started to have a noticable delay that was not present before. I updated them because they had volume sync issues before which is not gone but I have this new issue.

    @anthonyk89 said:
    :|
    I can confirm the delay in both aux input and TWS on the Partybox 300. Been talking to JBL customer service for 2 months now with no avail. They are refusing to acknowledge the issue, thus do not buy the product, i also call for a petition for owners who have bought the partybox 300 and have the same issue.

    @BigBen said:
    Hi..
    I have the same issue. Bought 2x 300s at the beginning of May and been an unlistenable nightmare from day one.
    30 email exchanges with customer and tech support and no solution as yet.
    Has anyone had any luck with this massive problem yet?
    I am in discussions with Harman but it's all very slow and I am running out of patience with it. Best part of £800 for a high end audio set up that does not work..

    @shaynemc said:
    Same problem . I bought two to dj with . They are even delayed staight out of my mixer . They are useles so i had two buy two more monitors

    FOR 300 PARTYBOX units with 2. generation (new) hardware YOU NEED SOFTWARE VERSION 38!

    EU
    TL0699-LI0028825 >>>

    AM
    TL0690-LI0002935 >>>

    IN
    TL0695-KI0002550 >>>

    BR
    TL0696-AJ0005872 >>>

    RU
    TL0697-LI0003800 >>>

    CN
    TL0692-KI0002591 >>>

    AND FOR 200 PARTYBOX

    EU
    TL0698-LI0022086 >>>
    AM
    TL0682-LI0003725 >>>
    RU
    TL0689-LI0002700 >>>
    IN
    TL0687-KI0002450 >>>
    BR
    TL0688-LI0003024 >>>
    CN
    TL0684-KI0002302 >>>

  • bijou2020bijou2020 Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    1. Firmware version
      24.15.31.
      31.17.38
      **34.17.42 **- (newest) No need to update

    2. Firmware version
      11.12.07
      11.15.10
      11.20.15
      11.24.16
      ** 32.12.19 **(newest) no need to update

    **contact me on email: [email protected]
    **

    for speakers units with 2. generation (new) hardware: need software v38

    Partybox 200 >> starting with serialls:

    EU
    TL0698-LI0022086 >>>

    AM
    TL0682-LI0003725 >>>

    RU
    TL0689-LI0002700 >>>

    IN
    TL0687-KI0002450 >>>

    BR
    TL0688-LI0003024 >>>

    CN
    TL0684-KI0002302 >>>

    Partybox 300>> starting with serialls: >>

    EU
    TL0699-LI0028825 >>>

    AM
    TL0690-LI0002935 >>>

    IN
    TL0695-KI0002550 >>>

    BR
    TL0696-AJ0005872 >>>

    RU
    TL0697-LI0003800 >>>

  • bijou2020bijou2020 Posts: 4
    edited September 2020

    Update procedure
    1. Unzip the file from the archive to the root directory of an empty USB key. It is either "Harman_G1.HUI" or "Harman_G15.HUI"
    2. Connect the JBL PartyBox speaker to an electrical outlet. Do not upgrade the PartyBox 300 on battery operation. The battery may run out and the update will not be successful.
    3. Turn on the JBL PartyBox
    4. Insert the USB key into the connector on the back of the speaker
    5. Press the Volume + and Bluetooth buttons for more than 10 seconds. The speaker enters DFU mode and starts the update (all LEDs on the panel light up white)
    6. Approximately 7 minutes later, the unit update is complete. When the update is completed, the speaker may restart automatically.

    After a successful upgrade and restart, you can check the firmware version

  • Can confirm, same problem using the AUX or RCA inputs. Decent lag. Someone told me you can disable the internal audio processor which fixes the problem, though I dont know how to do it. It involves pressing and holding a conbo of certain buttons but I have yet to figure out the combination. I emailed JBL about it (also completed the firmware update). Will update if I find a solution. If anyone else knows how to disable the internal audio processor plz comment :)

  • Same for me!
    Just bought this on Black Friday. Fully regretting it.
    Wanted to use it for DJ purposes also. Make it USELESS for DJs!
    How the HELL has this happened
  • Hi, if you contact Harmen they will send you the laster version, G15.HUI file (firmware 381221)

    Place the “Harman_G15.HUI” file into the root directory of an empty USB-stick.
    Connect the Partybox to mains power.
    Power ON the Partybox.
    Insert the USB-stick into the USB socket placed on the rear side of the Partybox.
    Press the Volume+ & Bluetooth buttons simultaneously for more than 10 seconds. The unit enters DFU mode and begins the upgrade (LEDs show white constant light).
    About 7 minutes later, the unit upgrade is complete. (LEDs shows a Green constant light). The unit should automatically restart after the upgrade is completed.
    This worked for me when I upgraded both of my Partybox 300's from firmware 341219 to 381221, which is an important upgrade if there is also a problem connecting the TWS mode.

  • hello, I have two partybox 1000 and I have exactly same problem with TWS.

    both speakers have the same firmware

    I have already contacted customer service but they want to return the speakers for repair

    have you the firmwares updates for partybox 1000 ?

  • I have list all confidence in Jbl, and I hate it,cause I was a huge fan of jbl for years, but since I've purchased a pair of both the party box300sand a pair if pb1000s I actually purchased them because they were jblproduct and they freaking rock ,but rock out clean! I like loud clean sound. Then I got to experience the tws that they bragged about setting them apart from others, I know if I had a product that I had talked the smack they did I'd be damn sure it delivered what I was selling! The latency with both sets is absolutely horrible, I called the place i purchased the. To inquire on a solution to the problem and I was told that it was just how it was they couldn't find anything g to fix it, which is a straight out freaking license they have a complaint on this very matter a over internet! I mean you'd have to been in cave not to know of this issue. So I got tired if hearing there reasons and just pu in the time to intact someone at jbl myself, so I finally get someone live on phone and thus little gal tells me she us in the tech department which here again another lie that little gal had to out me on hold for everything I asked about,then try to tell me page was in tech department, im calling bullshit, o. That lie! Let me put it this way if she really is there tech department, I just answered my own question of what's happening or happened to jbl? And I will sincerely apologize to the lady personally if she is in the tech department ! I know that someone out in this twisted world has a fix for this issue! And it's probably something easy to fix it! So I got each of the 4 boxes I got 2 300s and 2 1000s boxed back up and just in waiting mode cause if I can't fix issue with it, im going to return everything with a jbl logo or hk is going back and I probably have over ten grand in jbl equipment !but if no resolution to problem they are useless as tits on a boar hog! And my auxiliary I can't to work too? I just believe that between jbl and Harmon they'd surely have a fix,but it's not obviously available? I have been told that the software or firmware update on 300 fixes the problem on them but that's contradictory too, some spay yes others no? I know I better be finding so etching out a fix of some sort or im about to make a big return! Hopefully this will find an individual with that awesome tech support that jbl offers? And the continuity in the brand is also lacking its just lije they didn't think things out? I mean all that bs on the boxes that's cool and everything but I would have liked better engineering then all the fancy lights and effects pad. Like the wheels on the 1000if they would have widened those wheels about three inches it wouldn't try to twist your wrist off from being so top heavy. I was told by who I bought fro. That it was intended and built for younger generation. Shit young people don't buy these type speakers unless mom and dad are still footing bill! Im just curious if im going to remain brand loyal to jbl or not? Stay tuned!
  • HiesenburgHiesenburg Posts: 1
    Same problem with Partybox 200. Such a delay that renders them useless. This would explain why Harman Kardon has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. $650 bookends.
  • gmatgmat Posts: 3
    Having this issue where I attempt to update the firmware without success, Harman rep has escalated issue I’m now on a waiting list :(
    I so hoped these would work right out of the gate.
  • gmatgmat Posts: 3

    After escalating the issue with the "tech department" I was sent the exact file I previously received, units still won't update firmware, latency is absolutely horrible THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

    SUCH A SHAME, JBL HAS LOST ITS DEPENDABILITY.

  • kirbykirby Posts: 1
    edited October 9

    Just figured out the same pain for two of Flip 5. :)
    I'm not it's ever possible to make it without lags. Unfortunately.

    The following is not a fix but a workaround...
    So, I guess, the only solution here is to connect both to separate BT adapters. We will need to have wires a bit.
    You will need to
    1. get wired audio from your audio source device;
    2. split this audio out into two audio 3.5 mm mother, left and right channel for each;
    3. connect two bluetooth transmitters for each channel
    4. connect your two portable sound speakers to each transmitter.

    What the problem here, those transmitters will require power as well.

    I've written about 3.5mm-bluetooth transmitters, like by the link
    https://www.amazon.com/MP3-Player-Bluetooth-Transmitters/b?ie=UTF8&node=9926003011
    but please get familiar with this video about normal lags in BT:

    It's said JBL Flip 5 does not support aptX. Maybe your device does.

    I didn't test the solution yet, but obviously as we don't have so noticeable lags for a single BT stream, we won't in this solution as well, as we will still have a single steam within a single BT adapter.
    Probably, I'll buy it and test it.

Sign In or Register to comment.