Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Installed Products
Options

Mid-freq Differential Drivers; a single 12" or 2x10" per L+R side?

NspaceNspace Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in JBL Pro Installed Products

Have long being attracted to the benefits of Differential Drivers, low temperature, less inductance, 2x thermal dissipation surface, less distortion. it simply comes as a superior driver design, at least for Mid and Low frequencies, where piston speakers shine.

So I am redesigning the MIDs section of my multi-amplified sound system. Firstly, I was fixated on a later model of 12" differential Driver, the JBL 262F component.
Alternatively the JBL 261F with 10" (2 Ohms), with 2 units connected in serial, will offer 4 Ohms to the amp.

My main condition is that I already have excellent bullet tweeters for the High-Frequency section... which require from the MiD drivers to go as high to a crossover point of 3.5 kHz, no less.

A single 12" size driver for each stereo side (L+R) would be simpler than implementing two 10" divers per side (L+R).
However I am not sure that a 12" driver may reach healthy sound as high as 3.500 Hz
Theoretically 10" drivers would have a better chance to reach into higher frequencies, than 12" ones, but I have yet to find information that these are capable of achieving such mid-hi frequencies (more so if helped with Subs, by setting a rather high SUB-LOW xover point 120 Hz or so).

//However, I have -so far- being unable to locate specific information, Specification Sheets, Thiele and Small data about any of both; JBL 261F 10" or 262F 12" Differential Drive models, or other similar DDs in case they do exist.
Could someone find the specification files/link to these components.

I'll appreciate.
Thanks to JBL and Harman.