Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

JBL Live 650 headphones only output mono with aux

Hi all,

My headphones only output mono with the Aux cable. They play stereo fine with a bluetooth connection. JBL support was no help at all. I have confirmed multiple times that the problem is not the cable (tried multiple cables) or the audio unit (tried multiple devices, which played stereo with other aux headphones/speakers) and that the problem does not exist in bluetooth (played same song in bluetooth and aux).

They won't repair or send a replacement because I purchased them too long ago (it took me a while to notice the problem because I mostly listened with bluetooth and then only noticed on a song with really obvious stereo effects that I was very familiar with). All they could say was that the headphone port might be damaged.

I thought I'd post about this on here because I've seen elsewhere that I'm not the only one with this exact same problem with these headphones. I was hoping maybe to avoid having to take them to an repair shop or buying a new unit. Maybe there's a cheaper solution.

Thank you!