Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products
Options

Compact Connect App: A2dp?

hello, there!
i’m trying to do a BT Broadcast with 2 EON One Compact speakers. when i select host, a message prompt appears that says “A2dp is not connected.”

what does this mean? so far, after doing a few factory resets, lots of research, and lots of trial and error, i have not been successful in broadcasting bluetooth through two speakers.

please help!

thank you so much.

Answers

• Options
    onestoryonestory Posts: 8
    edited June 2022
    i have figured that part out. no worries.

it seems that the bluetooth system in the speaker isn’t the best, as far as streaming music goes. it seems to work better in airplane mode, but it’s still prone to interruptions from some kind of interference, which results in signal drops and that infernal speeding up of the music… as if the music is trying to make up for the fact that it dropped out. i hope JBL is working on updates in the app and firmware to fix the bluetooth issues.

i will therefore only trust music played via wired connection, and all performance (2 vox + guitar) will only be done wired.
  • Options
    onestoryonestory Posts: 8
    edited June 2022
    time will tell regarding performance with the app being used as a mixer.
  • Options
    MaraMara Posts: 7
    I read this post what does this mean? The user manual doesn't have any technical support help the technical support online doesn't have any information that's useful. Are we users here to figure out our things on our own? What does this error mean I keep getting it?
  • Options
    “A2dp” is a technical term that basically means “Bluetooth Audio Streaming.” It’s just telling you that bluetooth didn’t connect.

Try this:
    1. Turn bluetooth off in your phone
    2. Turn the speakers on
    3. Turn bluetooth on in your phone.
    4. Connect to the speakers

If that doesn’t work, try it the other way:

1. Make sure bluetooth is on in your phone
    2. Turn on the speakers
    3. Connect to the speakers.

It took a little playing around to get the speakers to connect to my phone, but I can now get it to work.

I still don’t play music over bluetooth… I just use the bluetooth connection for the mixer, and it works well.