Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products
Options

JBL Eon One Compact BT drop outs

Hi,
I am an active performing musician using my JBL Eon One Compact's BT audio to receive streaming audio from my Fire Tablet 10 (gen11: latest), to stream backing track music (drum and bass), which I play and sing over live.

The problem I'm having is that most times, during a set, the Eon's BT drops out at some point (not tied to a particular song, etc. Seems completely random.) with an annoying and loud "crack"... but then eventually comes back. This is distracting to both me and my audience. On a recent phone call with tech support, they suggested bypassing the BT and cabling in or using another method. I ended up buying an external BT receiver, which I pair and plug into the Eon's AUX input. So far, absolutely no problem with BT dropout. Not a single one! While this is good news, I'd like my Eon One Compact to work as advertised.

This tells me that my Fire tablet is transmitting fine and the Eon's BT is dropping out for some reason. I'm running the latest FW according to the app (5.1.5(20128)). I've done the Factory Reboot and it hasn't helped. I've even reduced or turned off in some cases the effects to see if the processor was overloaded and dropping BT. This did not seem to help.

I want to get my Eon to be 100% operational and reliable for my application. I perform often and once forgot my external BT receiver, and of course it failed during a live show, ugghh!

I bought the Eon One Compact with the expectation that its BT receive function would work consistently and it doesn't. What should I do? Any suggestions? Could this be a faulty unit? Please help!

Comments

• Options
    tkaipdxtkaipdx Posts: 1
    I never rely on Bluetooth in a performance situation. Everything is cabled.
  • Options

Thanks. So far the external BT workaround is 100%, so I guess I'll do it. Thanks again.

• Options
    nicohmnicohm Posts: 2
    Hola tube un problema similar y lo más profesional es utilizar el cableado las señales bluethoo no son confiables
  • Options
    MaraMara Posts: 7
    I suspect that there is something wrong with the program in these units and the internal programming gets confused between if it's supposed to be running from a mic or line in or if it's running through Bluetooth. I think this is why it's suddenly will not work on a mic at all it is so frustrating I think I'm going to try to get my money back this is definitely a manufacturing or design flaw.
  • Options
    herllaherlla Posts: 1

I have the same problem as engr_scotty. bt interrupts.. in addition to playing background music, there is also a problem with the control application, the connection is unstable and the application does not recognize the speaker when it is most needed.. do you have any advice or a solution to the problem?