Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products
Options

JBL Live500BT unable to update firmware via app

Hello I have a JBL Live 500BT which I'm unable toupdate. This is actually the 2nd pair i bought, after losingthe first one. Both pairs i bought were 2nd hand, not thatit should make any difference.

So the current version is 5.2.0. But my gf has the sameheadphones and hers are on 6.2.0. Is anyone able to tellme why i am not seeing an update button on the app?The app is at the newest version, and I'm on Android.

Mind you I've already contacted Harman support whichwere not able to help me after over 2 months of back andforth.

I'll mention one more thing that I've seen somethingthe app's FAQ that i can't quite understand.

It says: "Q8. Can I update the software in the JBLHeadphones through the App? A8. Yes. If on firmware5.4 or higher, all headphones software updates will bepushed via the App. If running onearlier version,please use the Downloads link to update the software viathe App.

I don't understand the last part of the answer. Where isthe forementioned "download link"? I'm unable to find anydownload link for any JBL headphones firmware. Is thisa mistake on the FAQ or is there really a way to downloadthe firmware file directly?

Cheers Elad