Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products
Options

Single PRX one Versus TWO Eon One Mk2? and LIMITER THRESHOLD question

Hi, I have a PAIR of Eon One Mk2, I believe these are rated at 400w Continuous and 123db
I'm finding increasingly that I have to run them at their limit to have enough volume at gigs and the Limiter light is constantly flashing so I'm considering upgrading to the PRX arrays which |I believe are 1000w continuous and 130db. My question is this - would a single PRX offer me better performance than my pair of Eon One Mk2s? I'm NOT technically minded but I understand that db is an exponential increase rather than linear?
As an aside - whilst going through the setup on my Eon One MK2s the other night I notice that the THRESHOLD on the Limiter can be adjusted (increased)? I'm not entirely sure what this means so I'd be very happy if someone could explain it to me?

TIA
Dave

Comments

• Options
    RickFRickF Posts: 5

HI Dave,

I think DB SPL is logarithmic not exponential...anyway, you are correct it is not linear.

So I have a Eon One MK2 I gig with. I would say to trust your ears as to whether there is any distortion when you think you are pushing the MK2's. I find there is plenty of headroom and the unit can get very loud. I also see the the limit light on at times but it doesn't seem to line up with the amount of volume available. As a general commentary, if you are running a pair of MK2s and they are not loud enough you must be playing very large areas...they should be pretty loud.

With that said, the PRX is a beast and will out perform the MK2 for loudness...however, do your diligence. Unless you are playing very big venues I find it hard to imagine the 2 MK2 won't suffice.

Also, the power ratings don't always align with practical use...if that makes sense.

Maybe if we understood a little about your use case it would be easier to comment on...

Best,
    -Rick

• Options
    I have an Eon One MKII, with volumes set below maximum it glitches/clips. Also Bluetooth cuts out randomly and battery only last a couple of hours. Not impressed when it cost £1200!