Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro General Discussion
Options

Red light firmware updste

Ok I have updated the firmware on jbl eon one compact. Now I get red light after fully charging. I have to take battery out and place it back in to work. How do I downgrade firmware? Or when will the new firmware to fix this be done?

Comments

• Options

I'm having the same issue. This is really disappointing since I updated the firmware as soon as I got the speakers in late November and have had problems with my power supply ever since. Is there a fix coming soon? If not, I need to replace these speakers ASAP.

• Options
    chrislochrislo Posts: 1

Just updated the firmware yesterday on my Eon One Compact and now it gets the red light after charging. It's reproducable so I called JBL. Just like others have said, they blamed it on the hardware and since it's under warranty to take to an authorized service center to have them troubleshoot. He said if they can't reproduce the problem that I may be charged a fee. I told JBL it's not a hardware problem it's a firmware problem, as if the code doesn't recognize there's a charged battery after charging. Pulling the battery allows it to work but that is not a fix. I told them to write this up and send it to their developers so they can see if this is a trend. I did the update so that I could move to the ProConnect app for speaker control, but that's proving to have a lot of bugs too. Wish I could undo it but you can't go back.