Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products
Options

JBL Eon One Compact No Microphone Sound

Hi all, I’ve just inboxed a new [JBL Eon One Compact](https://jblpro.com/en-US/products/eon-one-compact) but is having issues getting my microphones to work.
Here is [a picture of the set up](https://imgur.com/gallery/mVKeZfs). I have the master volume turned all the way down in this photo because the microphone was unplugged.
I’ve tried three different leads and three different microphones and tried other inputs but the speaker isn’t picking up any signal.
Any ideas what’s going on? I have a gig tonight so really hoping I can get it sorted!

Comments

• Options

@curlsontop said:
    Hi all, I’ve just inboxed a new JBL Eon One Compact but is having issues getting my microphones to work.
    Here is a picture of the set up. I have the master volume turned all the way down in this photo because the microphone was unplugged.
    I’ve tried three different leads and three different microphones and tried other inputs but the speaker isn’t picking up any signal.
    Any ideas what’s going on? I have a gig tonight so really hoping I can get it sorted!

Sorry for the delayed response. Press the mic button to enter mic mode on your unit. Should give you the gain you need.

• Options
    I have a condenser mic audio technica at2020 i tried it on my new jbleoncompact. I plugged in channel 2 set at mic/line I turned the gain which was already green and last the phantom. No sound.
  • Options
    HofferHoffer Posts: 1
    edited March 2023

I purchased 4 of the Eon One Compact for a music festival(along with 8 PRX One) in mid 2022. They have barely been used. Literally as mint as you can get......Upon power up, all of the EON COMPACT seem to not output proper signal on the mic inputs. Bluetooth works fine, so I know it's not any speaker components. I discovered a solution, though not ideal...turn in off and turn it back on. Works like a charm then. It seems to me this is a bug in the firmware because like I said, bluetooth passes full range signal right away. The firmware is up to date on the speaker. CAN JBL PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS BUG AND FIND A FIX? Thanks.

• Options
    MaraMara Posts: 7
    I have barely used this unit it worked all week long when I was practicing and then suddenly had the exact same problem. JBL where are you? I'm reading through these forums and there's hardly anybody from the company helping. Shame on you for laying off all your tech support people. I can tell that a lot of folks have this problem and I'm going to get my money back and go to another brand if I can't get this fix this afternoon.