Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products
Options

Subs not loud enough

Hi, We have a band and we use a Mackie DL32r mixer to connect everything. We run the PA out to a set of JBL PRX815W tops and from each of those we run a patch down to a set of - PRX818XLFW subs. We run everything through the PRX Connect app. My issue is that we can't seem to get a lot of volume / thump out of the subs. I thought this setup would be the easiest to use since this set of matched powered mains and subs have built in crossovers so there isn't really a need to connect the sybs to the mixer separately. We can get sound out of the subs but we need to wind them almost to the limit. And even then it's not really that loud. We have connected the subs separately and had out bass player and drummer (hitting the kick) and while it does produce sound, we have to absolutely bury the gain. We have a strong signal coming from the mixer. It's right up in the yellow. Any ideas what we could be missing or do these generally have to be turned up full tilt all the time? Thanks

Comments

• Options

@soundzgood said:
    Hi, We have a band and we use a Mackie DL32r mixer to connect everything. We run the PA out to a set of JBL PRX815W tops and from each of those we run a patch down to a set of - PRX818XLFW subs. We run everything through the PRX Connect app. My issue is that we can't seem to get a lot of volume / thump out of the subs. I thought this setup would be the easiest to use since this set of matched powered mains and subs have built in crossovers so there isn't really a need to connect the sybs to the mixer separately. We can get sound out of the subs but we need to wind them almost to the limit. And even then it's not really that loud. We have connected the subs separately and had out bass player and drummer (hitting the kick) and while it does produce sound, we have to absolutely bury the gain. We have a strong signal coming from the mixer. It's right up in the yellow. Any ideas what we could be missing or do these generally have to be turned up full tilt all the time? Thanks

Try flipping your I/O. Run out of Mixer into Subs, loop through to tops.