Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

YouView remote capture

Has anyone on here had any success capturing the handset for any of the YouView boxes, I have a TalkTalk branded one I need to control, but while the IRIS I have says it's captured the commands, none appear to work. Just wondering if anyone else has come across the same problem and managed to beat it yet?

Comments

• Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    I have - with no problems so far, although I don't use my Iris any more as the power supply is bigger than the USB-UIRT that I use instead.

I don't seem to be able to attach an .irl file for some reason, so it's here ...
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15609314/Humax%20YouView.irl

They are made by Humax but I don't recall if the codes are same as a standard Freeview/sat

Simon
  • Options
    mshuntmshunt Posts: 23
    Hi Sling,

Thanks for sending that through. I however have a Huawei box, which appears to have different codes, at least the humax ones don't work on it. I'll keep trying, perhaps use special mode to try and capture the codes.

Will the USB_UIRT work direct with ir edit, or do you learn the hex codes outside then import them?
  • Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    You have to import them as hex codes, but the cut/paste is pretty quick once you get used to it. Far better than lugging the iris and psu about.

It's been said before, but IREdit and the iris are surely top of the pack for upgrades - neither have been touched for years and yet IR files are used constantly.

Simon
  • Options
    I can confirm that the YouView boxes do not use any of the standard Humax code, apparently YouView supply the software to Humax. I have the codes in Global Cache format, also no discrete power and no work around, we use composite trigger for power sense. No way to keep box on either.

Dupe...
  • Options
    hi there
    sorry to resurrect this thread. i was doing some research online today as i am troubleshooting a current problem i have with the codes for my youview box, and i found this thread. i am learning amx programming and have spent the last few days capturing codes from a variety of devices using an amx iris capture unit and IREdit. everything captured fine and i have got all the kit up and running and more or less working with the code i have written. the only thing that currently doesnt work is the youview box, which is a huawei DN360t, even though everything seemed to capture ok. i've checked pretty much everything - the IR bud, the code, the IR port, the position of the bud on the front of the unit - and still i've had no luck.

can anyone offer any advice or point me in the direction of any hex or working IRL codes?

many thanks