champ wrote: »
Here is a module I wrote that talks to a serial port on a DGX and gathers all of the commands.
You need a spare serial port though.
This relies on AMX not changing the format of commands and responses to a DGX serial port, so far they haven't done so.
To compile it you'll need the RMS SDK on your PC, I can't post that or I'd get a big slap on the wrist.
The program reads the status of a DGX using a serial port connected to the serial port on the DGX, and reports the status to RMSE.
The current revision reports the following:
- Power supply status
- Number of input and output boards
- type of input and output board
- Link status of DXLink connections on boards
- fan speed (main fan only)
Maintenance alerts are triggered for the following
- unplugging an input or output board
- unplugging a DXLink input or output
- unplugging a power supply
- threshold power supply
Things that aren't currently reported:
- internal boards
- internal fans
- video connections other than DXLink (not reported so can't do anything about it)