Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Port 1 support coming soon..

Are we ever going to be able to talk to the DGX switcher without hooking a serial cable to the back, or plugging in the the enc port? Just saying, Extron has this really nice web ui for configuring their HDBaseT switchers.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I thought it was already there as device 5002.

from the manual... (page 157)
    Note: The default Device Number for the Enova DGX Switcher is 5002.
  • mstocummstocum Posts: 120
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I thought it was already there as device 5002.

from the manual... (page 157)

Switching is there, on 5002:2:0. I'm looking for things like detecting video status, and all the various things you can do through the DGX_SHELL, that you can't do with BCS on 5002:2:0. If you send commands to 5002:1:0 you get back "Port 1 support coming soon...". But it's been saying that for years now I think.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    mstocum wrote: »
    Switching is there, on 5002:2:0. I'm looking for things like detecting video status, and all the various things you can do through the DGX_SHELL, that you can't do with BCS on 5002:2:0. If you send commands to 5002:1:0 you get back "Port 1 support coming soon...". But it's been saying that for years now I think.

Gotcha. That would indeed be nice.
  • Hit it with a port scan. I was trying to troubleshoot a switcher the other night and iirc there's a high numbered open port that answers a telnet connection (11000 maybe? can't remember exactly), and I THINK it said DGX_SHELL as the command prompt when I checked it so that might be it.
    I'm getting replies on both 10500 and 15000. 10500 just connects and doesn't seem to do anything. 15000 gives "SERVER >>> Connection successful" but doesn't seem to respond to anything. I've tried hitting both of them with two control-Cs with no luck.

Internally, it looks like 5002:3:0 can be made to drop into DGX_SHELL, but not without side effects. It definitely kills the web UI switcher until you type exit (possibly followed by bcs, not sure if the second step is required). I'm going to test some more to see if it kills all switching. Still, I think I'll write up a quick module to expose that as a password protected telnet service just for my own purposes. It'd be really awesome to have a supported way to do this.
  • mstocum wrote: »
    I'm getting replies on both 10500 and 15000. 10500 just connects and doesn't seem to do anything. 15000 gives "SERVER >>> Connection successful" but doesn't seem to respond to anything. I've tried hitting both of them with two control-Cs with no luck.

Internally, it looks like 5002:3:0 can be made to drop into DGX_SHELL, but not without side effects. It definitely kills the web UI switcher until you type exit (possibly followed by bcs, not sure if the second step is required). I'm going to test some more to see if it kills all switching. Still, I think I'll write up a quick module to expose that as a password protected telnet service just for my own purposes. It'd be really awesome to have a supported way to do this.

I definitely got a list of commands in response to ? on whatever I connected to. Are you on the latest firmware (or at least 2.0.0.8 switcher firmware and 4.2.395 master firmware)?
    rfletcher wrote: »
    I definitely got a list of commands in response to ? on whatever I connected to. Are you on the latest firmware (or at least 2.0.0.8 switcher firmware and 4.2.395 master firmware)?

Hrm... not getting any response for ? or HELP or help. 15000 echos back what I sent, but Ts get converted to ?s in the echo reply. This is on 2.0.0.8 and 4.2.395.
    Hrm... not getting any response for ? or HELP or help. 15000 echos back what I sent, but Ts get converted to ?s in the echo reply. This is on 2.0.0.8 and 4.2.395.

Weird, I'm going to be back on site this afternoon, if I get a chance I'll poke it again.
  • 15000 answers as DGX_SHELL on my unit
    15000 answers as DGX_SHELL on my unit

Are you on 2.0.0.8 or 2.0.0.12? I just double checked and realized I'm on .12.

I also didn't see an open port on 10500

I also didn't see an open port on 10500

Interesting. 2.0.0.8 was technically a hotfix, right? Maybe they had the shell exposed for debugging purposes?
    Interesting. 2.0.0.8 was technically a hotfix, right? Maybe they had the shell exposed for debugging purposes?

might be, it was indeed a hotfix. Interesting that the port is still open but doesn't appear to do anything in 2.0.0.12,