Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXT-1500VG & MXT-700 Firmware

Been working as a freelance programmer on AMX projects since 2001. The dealer I worked through recently lost their AMX dealership and with it my access to firmware and application files on the AMX Tech site. I am supporting a couple of projects where I need to upgrade touchpanel firmware specifically on NXT-1500VG and MXT-700 panels. I need v2.86.23 for the NXT-1500VG and v2.104.43 for the MXT-700 X-series panel. If anyone can help out, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Comments

• NXT-1500VG & MXT-700 Firmware

Was able to get the needed firmware files to update the panels. Thanks for everyone that offered to help!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You should be able to register with AMX as and independent programmer so this won't happen to you again. Not being a dealer, I'm not sure you could purchase anything, but at least you will have software / firmware access.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    You should be able to register with AMX as and independent programmer so this won't happen to you again. Not being a dealer, I'm not sure you could purchase anything, but at least you will have software / firmware access.

Yeah, purchasing gear is verboten.. but you do get access to all the other goodies such as access and file downloads. I do get calls from outsiders looking to simply purchase gear or replace stuff where the dealer has gone away. In those cases I just work with one of the local dealers in the area of the cleint and we seem to be able to usually come up with a solution.

My experience as a VIP has been positive overall. Like anything it has its unexpected challenges. But, it would be worth looking into.