Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

AVB-RX and TX complete failure !

Hi

Not sure it's correct section but if there is a better one, feel free to move it in an other section.

I'd like to know if other people have also so many issues with DGX 32 and AVB-RX/TX. This is the fourth system I program and setup and I have regularly some AVB that dies (they go offline without reason and no way to get them back online). Global fiability of system is really bad !
AMX released a version 2 firmware for DGX and some updates for AVB but it looks like it doesn't change much about the global instability and bad quality of products.

I guess the QA service at AMX doesn't exist anymore since a while to release in the field so unreliable products. You can imagine anger of customer when you have to say him: If you don't have audio or video, reboot the DGX and it might come back or not....

Thanks for your feedbacks

Vincèn

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    What did Tech Support say when you contacted them?
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    I have seen this a lot as well.
    The RX/TX box falls off the bus and the only way to get it to reconnect is by power cycling the rx/tx or the DGX.
    AMX TS seems to be perplexed by this.
    The latest release of FW is supposed to help.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Kenny wrote: »
    I have seen this a lot as well.
    The RX/TX box falls off the bus and the only way to get it to reconnect is by power cycling the rx/tx or the DGX.
    AMX TS seems to be perplexed by this.
    The latest release of FW is supposed to help.
    I agree, no real solutions from TS and new fw doesn't fix anything,I upgraded 2 weeks ago 3 DGX and all AVB but problems are still there :( They offered to change the cards in the DGX, I hopefully should receive them tomorrow and will see if it resolves issue but I'm not confident with that :(
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Just talked with manager here and I learned something very interesting. It looks like some generation of DXLink cards for DGX have a weird issue with a component (Valence named) that is in charge of DXLink communication. It's a bug in the electronic component itself and so it can generate communication issues with some AVB and not others, so they are going to exchange us cards. I'll let you know how it goes once exchanged ;)