Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Anyone have Hitachi TV Discrete IR Remote codes?

Specifically I'm looking for:
PWR_ON
PWR_OFF
INPUT_AV
INPUT_RGB
INPUT_HDMI

Thanks for looking,
-Chris

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Have you looked for them online?
    http://files.remotecentral.com/library/3-1/hitachi/index.html
    This may or may not be for your unnamed model, more likely than not.
    Also try GOOGLE... these things are usually out there.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    John Nagy wrote: »

Yes, I have looked for them. I always check the Google first. ;)
    I'll look again though.

RC's has a bunch of very old files and they're .CCF files.

I was hoping someone here had maybe IRISed them.
  • Options

I guess I didn't name the model... must have missed it in my haste.

Hitachi L40C205

I looked at the link you sent me and I see the Pronto codes. I did a pronto conversion several years ago but I forgot how I did it.

There are simply not enough hours in the day...
  • Options
    There are discrete HEX codes at the link I provided as well. The kind you just paste into IREDIT.

If you have to disassemble a pronto CCF file, you need PRONTO EDIT, probably still orbiting online somewhere waiting to be Googled. Once you have it open in Pronto Edit, you can drill down on any button and click the SHOW CODES button, and surprise, ordinary HEX CODES just the kind you cut and paste into IREDIT.
  • Options
    There are discrete HEX codes at the link I provided as well. The kind you just paste into IREDIT.

If you have to disassemble a pronto CCF file, you need PRONTO EDIT, probably still orbiting online somewhere waiting to be Googled. Once you have it open in Pronto Edit, you can drill down on any button and click the SHOW CODES button, and surprise, ordinary HEX CODES just the kind you cut and paste into IREDIT.

Hey John thanks! I didn't realize it was that easy. I think the codes I did a few years back must have been non-pronto codes that I had to convert to pronto. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again for your time and hep!
  • Options
    For years I used an old pronto to learn codes and transfer to AMX instead of investing in an IRIS.
    You clearly still can do that, and old prontos are -cheap-.
  • Options
    For years I used an old pronto to learn codes and transfer to AMX instead of investing in an IRIS.
    You clearly still can do that, and old prontos are -cheap-.

Yes, I had an old RS Kameleon learning remote kicking around, so I built a JP1 interface in to it.
    Of course the IR codes were not it pronto format and had to be converted.

I have no idea where it went to though... I'll like the pronto remote idea though. How are the codes transferred from the remote to the IR edit?

Is there a specific pronto remote I should look for?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Plain $20 TS1000 or later classic pronto. Like these:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311.R5.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpronot+&_nkw=pronto+remote&_sacat=0

Get PRONTOEDIT first. It's out there somewhere orbiting Google.

As I described above, when you drill into a button that has a learned code in PRONTOEDIT, you can show the hex data. Copy and paste into the HEX input window in IREDIT.
  • Options

As I described above, when you drill into a button that has a learned code in PRONTOEDIT, you can show the hex data. Copy and paste into the HEX input window in IREDIT.

Yeah, sorry I didn't phrase my question well... I meant, how does the remote interface to the computer? (so I can paste them into IREdit). Does it have a USB interface or something to that effect?

I'll take a look at the "bay of E" as you so craftily called it. ;)
  • Options
    The programming cable for the Pronto is a fairly common 1/8th inch three contact phone jack (looks like headphone) to a Serial DB9. It communicates with PRONTOEDIT via serial. Some but not all serial-to-usb adapters will work. Note that PRONTOEDIT defaults to looking for serial port 1. You will have to change that to where the USB adapter brings it in... often 3. Check your system management for devices to find where your port showed up.

I have had mixed luck communicating with a Pronto with Win7. I expect Win8 will not be better. I keep an XP laptop (with a real serial port!) handy for AMX's lagging development tools.
  • Options
    The programming cable for the Pronto is a fairly common 1/8th inch three contact phone jack (looks like headphone) to a Serial DB9. It communicates with PRONTOEDIT via serial. Some but not all serial-to-usb adapters will work. Note that PRONTOEDIT defaults to looking for serial port 1. You will have to change that to where the USB adapter brings it in... often 3. Check your system management for devices to find where your port showed up.

I have had mixed luck communicating with a Pronto with Win7. I expect Win8 will not be better. I keep an XP laptop (with a real serial port!) handy for AMX's lagging development tools.

Ha! I feel your pain. I too have a few laptops with "real" serial ports kicking around for such purposes. I've bought several different USB to serial adapters and have had poor results getting them to communicate over 9600 bps or even work in some cases.

The hardest is trying to get them to talk to.... (gasp) Accent boxes and AXT panels. Luckily we only have a few left in service.

I'm very familiar with stereo 1/8 inch to DB9. Should be easy enough.

Thanks for the tip!

I'll pick up a pronto on the cheap, for the rare occasions I need IR control.
    I try to steer everyone to IP control for TVs normally, but occasionally people want to save a few bucks by using existing equipment.
  • Options
    Plain $20 TS1000 or later classic pronto. Like these:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311.R5.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpronot+&_nkw=pronto+remote&_sacat=0

Hey John, I appreciate all the tips youve given me here.

Would a TSU2000/01 be sufficient?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Yes, that's what I use.
    Be sure you can find PRONTOEDIT first.
  • Options
    Yes, that's what I use.
    Be sure you can find PRONTOEDIT first.

Thanks John.

Yep, I found it pretty easily on Remote Central.