Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Wow!

I just saw this:
Threads: 1,060, Posts: 6,048, Members: 963

We're almost at 1000 members! I think AMX should celebrate when the forum reaches 1000 members. Maybe hold a random drawing to give away AMX Gear to forum members. The drawing could be performed by a simple netlinx program that grabs a random number everytime a button is pushed and verifies that the number hasn't been already selected. Maybe say 5 or 10 winners? Top prize might even be one of those leather AMX jackets I recall reading a post about? :)

Just a thought.

Jeff

Comments

• Please hold while I make 37 Gmail addresses, might as well make sure I'm the 1000th.. ;)

Kevin D.
  • Wow, sorry I seen Wow and thought it was WoW(world of warcraft) which I am a major addict since my son got me hooked. Hard to believe that the forums have grown to be this big. I have said this before and I still believe that this was one of AMX's best moves in years. This and dropping the PANJA name ;)
  • Thanks for the suggestion! We WILL be celebrating our 1000th member with some giveaways, so make sure to check back frequently for details!
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I might even give away one of those leather AMX jackets I recall reading a post about.
    And I?m pretty sure I recall reading a post where Chip was willing to part with his varsity jacket. :)
  • JillJill Posts: 44
    Very impressive since I heard awhile back that there were only something like 4000 AMX cert. programmers,etc world wide.(One reason they introduced duet because there are > 2 million Java guys and girls.) :):)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Only 11 more members till 1000. Be sure to tell all of your AMX programmer friends about the forum ;)

Jeff
  • 3 more to go

12/30/2005 @ 2:55PM CST

Will we make 1000 before the new year?

Happy 2006 to everyone!
    B_Clements wrote:
    12/30/2005 @ 2:55PM CST

Will we make 1000 before the new year?

Happy 2006 to everyone!

Happy New Year! (Well, atleast half the country :) ) Looks like as of right now we are two short of 1000 and with only 1.4 hours left until the Continental USA is in 2006, I doubt we will make it.... unless we use Hawaii time :)

But, regardless.... Happy New Year everyone!

Jeff
    OK, Happy New year USA! (Including Hawaii and Alaska! )
    We Did It!

I missed posting at 1000 exactly, but we hit 1000!

Threads: 1,114, Posts: 6,389, Members: 1,001

3 cheers to AMX and their continued efforts to support us.

Jeff
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    hip hip hurray!!! :D
  • MarcoVMarcoV Posts: 1
    Quite an accomplishment considering not many people are on this site daily.
    I don't want to seem impatient, but has anyone heard anything about the celebration of 1000 members? Since I found out that VA has been delayed until Feb, I had to find something else due a little sooner to anticipate :)

Jeff
    What about something for the top 10 users and 10 or 20 open draws for everyone?
    Leather jackets, golf jackets, AMX lotus for a year, some tot bags, beer for a year(Canadian pls) whatever the gear store has.
    What about something for the top 10 users and 10 or 20 open draws for everyone?
    Leather jackets, golf jackets, AMX lotus for a year, some tot bags, beer for a year(Canadian pls) whatever the gear store has.

Well, I can't deny that I may be a little biased when it comes to the first sentence, but I like the suggestion ;) I also like the way you tried to nonchalantly put the Lotus in the list 8) Speaking of which, the Lotus Elise is quite intriguing... cool design and relatively inexpensive.

Jeff
    No one can ever blame me for not trying. :D

Thx Jeff- told you this year really sucks.
    No can every blame me for not trying. :D

/me looks up the previous sentence in his "No sleep, but I have caffeine - to - English" translation book.

I suppose we can't blame you for not trying ;)

Jeff
    Thanks for the catch Jeff. See corrected edited post. Is there anything stronger and still legal than caffeine? :o
    Still need to change every to ever... and trust me, your year can always be better and it can always be worse. I mean how bad can the year be... you still have internet access and the internet can make anything better :)

Instead of comparing this year to last year, compare it to a year in which the plague was running rampant. Because good and bad are relative ideas, good can become bad and bad can become good without changing any of the events. All you have to change is the perspective in which you view the events.

Jeff

P.S.
    I should stop distracting myself and get back to work ;)

P.P.S.
    If you're a linux fan, check this out: http://www.babytux.org/gallery/show_gallery.php?cat_id=C
    Thanks Jeff, I believe that I have now corrected all of the spelling issues.
    True that all things are relative to ones time and place at any given moment in the time space aspect. Stress and exhaustion is the modern plague that now ravishes the 21'st century and leads too much of our disease's that are not environmentally caused.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Top 10? Whoo-hoo, I qualify then. :D
  • jjames wrote:
    Top 10? Whoo-hoo, I qualify then. :D

I believe the reward should be based on quality, not quantity.

Small talk and complaining posts do not count.
    Agreed
    B_Clements wrote:
    I believe the reward should be based on quality, not quantity.

Small talk and complaining posts do not count.

Agreed, if we were to actually do anything of that sorts. Personally I'd favor random winners over rewards to specific members on the board. However, I would narrow eligibility down to members that have posted / logged in within the past four months or something along the lines. Not sure if it would be fair to draw someone that hasn't visited the board once in the past year, or has never posted and their last login was over six months ago. Get my drift?

And just to clarify, I was joking about "qualifying" in my previous post . . . hence the smile. :D
  • Funny

I thought this thread was just for fun. :D

Now we will see if Suzanne can deliver the goods. :)

If you need a new jacket, see if there is a Good Will store nearby (good stock of Panja wear I hear) or perhaps your boss will get you one if your latest project is totally bug free. ;)

That goes for you too, Jeff.
    B_Clements wrote:
    I thought this thread was just for fun. :D

Now we will see if Suzanne can deliver the goods. :)

If you need a new jacket, see if there is a Good Will store nearby (good stock of Panja wear I hear) or perhaps your boss will get you one if your latest project is totally bug free. ;)

That goes for you too, Jeff.

Bug free? what is that??? As far as the jacket is concerned, it's been in the high 30s and 40s lately... who needs a jacket? :P

I also heard from a_bird() that Suzanne is diligently working on making this celebration a reality.

Jeff
  • Spire_Jeff wrote:
    I also heard from a_bird() that Suzanne is diligently working on making this celebration a reality.
    Jeff

a_bird()? Interesting function. What does it do? ;)
    Yes, I do agree that a random vote is the only way any prizes should be awarded. I was simply trying to have some fun with my earlier suggestion. In regards to 'quality vs. quantity', I apologies to everyone for being whiny and ranting but I had hit the point of total exhaustion and tend to rant at that stage and now after a much needed 4 hours of sleep I am back to as normal as I ever get.
    Yes, I do agree that a random vote is the only way any prizes should be awarded. I was simply trying to have some fun with my earlier suggestion. In regards to 'quality vs. quantity', I apologies to everyone for being whiny and ranting but I had hit the point of total exhaustion and tend to rant at that stage and now after a much needed 4 hours of sleep I am back to as normal as I ever get.
    Whiny & ranting? Did I miss a post? Like Brian said, this is all in fun. Now . . . time to check the "Gear Store" to see if any AMX leathers are up there. :D
  • B_Clements wrote:
    a_bird()? Interesting function. What does it do? ;)

a_bird() is the nice function, the_bird() is the one you need to watch out for ;).

-- John
  • Wow! Revisited
    Spire_Jeff wrote:
    I missed posting at 1000 exactly, but we hit 1000!

Threads: 1,114, Posts: 6,389, Members: 1,001

3 cheers to AMX and their continued efforts to support us.

Jeff
    Posted 10-19-06.

In less than 1 year we just hit 2000 members.

Threads: 1,953, Posts: 11,992, Members: 2,001

Let's keep it going.