communication between controllers

MorgoZMorgoZ Junior MemberPosts: 116
Hi,

i need to make some controllers on a project to communicate between them, to do so i'm thincking in opening sockets (with IP_CLIENT and IP_SERVER) in each controller and send messages throught them, but first i want to ask you for a better approach if there is any.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

  • Jorde_VJorde_V UX Scientist Posts: 393
    MorgoZ wrote: »
    Hi,

    i need to make some controllers on a project to communicate between them, to do so i'm thincking in opening sockets (with IP_CLIENT and IP_SERVER) in each controller and send messages throught them, but first i want to ask you for a better approach if there is any.

    Thanks for your help!


    In the Netlinx Help File check out the M2M (Master-to-Master) section. It might be within the spectrum of your use-case.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Senior Member - 3709 Posts Posts: 4,141
    I did a little youtube video on it. if you want to watch. Bonus: you'll get to hear my funny Northern Midwest accent.

    https://youtu.be/-a9C7UxBXXI

  • AuserAuser Junior Member Posts: 506
    The image I had in my mind of you has been shattered! I expected you to sound older and crankier - no offence intended!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Senior Member - 3709 Posts Posts: 4,141
    Auser wrote: »
    The image I had in my mind of you has been shattered! I expected you to sound older and crankier - no offence intended!


    HAHAHA!

    Actually, as some of you may know, my other life apart from this stuff is I have been a music producer and audio engineer for many many years. I've produced a lot of music in the indie world and have sang and played on a lot of records. I also run a record label (http://www.tremulant.com) and do my own music as well. But most people don't know what I look like (thankfully) the most common comment I get when people do finally see me is just that: "I am really surprised by what you look like." So, I'm used to disappointing people. :)
  • viningvining X Member Posts: 4,346
    ericmedley wrote: »


    HAHAHA!

    Actually, as some of you may know, my other life apart from this stuff is I have been a music producer and audio engineer for many many years. I've produced a lot of music in the indie world and have sang and played on a lot of records. I also run a record label (http://www.tremulant.com) and do my own music as well. But most people don't know what I look like (thankfully) the most common comment I get when people do finally see me is just that: "I am really surprised by what you look like." So, I'm used to disappointing people. :)
    You do sound better than you look! Just kidding e. :)
  • MorgoZMorgoZ Junior Member Posts: 116
    Thanks all for the responses and thanks ericmedley for the video ;) (i couldn?t hear the music... no speakers in my job, but promess i will)

    Salutes!
  • infoscreeninfoscreen Junior Member Posts: 14
    M2M is stabile and work. (but need very stabile IT and IP communication). We are use lot of place. One bigger system 16 pc Netlinx processor work together.
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/395216/Amx-Netlinx-Programming-Language.html?page=107
  • ericmedleyericmedley Senior Member - 3709 Posts Posts: 4,141
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I did a little youtube video on it. if you want to watch. Bonus: you'll get to hear my funny Northern Midwest accent.

    https://youtu.be/-a9C7UxBXXI


    I finally got 'round to making the 2nd part of the M2M video. Not that it will help anyone here... :)

    https://youtu.be/UAr6ssUNt9A
Sign In or Register to comment.