NMX Stream-number Feedback

froschfrosch Junior MemberPosts: 2
Hi,
As far as I understand NMX Decoders (and Encoders) speek nativly Netlinx now and I can control them with commands like 'CI x'
but what's about feedback of those stream numbers?
Is there kind of a level where I can read the sream number from or do I have to poll it regulary with '?VIDIN_INPUT'

thanks in advance...

Comments

  • ericmedleyericmedley Senior Member - 3709 Posts Posts: 4,126
    The Native Netlinx implementation is very thin. Pretty much the bare essentials. But bear in mind the old SVSi API and communication scheme is still in play and has all the more "tweaks" things like The stream ids and so forth. The major downside to using the old SVSI comm method is it is not asynchronous. You have to poll it for info with essential "Get <whatever you want to know>" requests. When you consider it is entirely possible to have dozens of decoders in an small system, that's a lot of IP communication traffic to handle.
  • HARMAN_icraigieHARMAN_icraigie Technical Trainer II, Harman Professional University Posts: 431
    frosch wrote: »
    Hi,
    As far as I understand NMX Decoders (and Encoders) speek nativly Netlinx now and I can control them with commands like 'CI x'
    but what's about feedback of those stream numbers?
    Is there kind of a level where I can read the sream number from or do I have to poll it regulary with '?VIDIN_INPUT'

    thanks in advance...

    Any stream change at the decoder will asynchronously report as VIDIN_INPUT-<stream#>. You will need to query at the device online event.

    You can also set up N-act programming at the endpoint to send any asynchronous update to a server session running on the master.
  • froschfrosch Junior Member Posts: 2
    icraigie wrote: »

    Any stream change at the decoder will asynchronously report as VIDIN_INPUT-<stream#>. You will need to query at the device online event.

    You can also set up N-act programming at the endpoint to send any asynchronous update to a server session running on the master.

    Yes, you're right, there is a COMMAND-EVENT like "VIDIN_INPUT-45", but this event only happens if I set the stream via Netlinx Command.
    If I change streams via N-Series Controller or via N-Able - no Event occurs...
  • HARMAN_icraigieHARMAN_icraigie Technical Trainer II, Harman Professional University Posts: 431
    frosch wrote: »

    Yes, you're right, there is a COMMAND-EVENT like "VIDIN_INPUT-45", but this event only happens if I set the stream via Netlinx Command.
    If I change streams via N-Series Controller or via N-Able - no Event occurs...

    I've got a pair of decoders (N2000 1.13.6 firmware) sitting on my desk and I am seeing the VIDIN_INPUT- update in Notifications when I change the stream number at the device web page, from N-Able, and an N-Series controller. Also reports when I send the CI xxx command via NetLinx or the set: xxx <CR> command via tcp.
  • HARMAN_icraigieHARMAN_icraigie Technical Trainer II, Harman Professional University Posts: 431
    Same same after updating to the current release firmware on the web site 1.15.7 - VIDIN_INUT-<stream> reporting as before.

    NetLinx master is an NX @ v1.5.78

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file