Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

What might I be doing wrong that would cause the DUET web server interface to die?

I?m running the latest DUET firmware (v3.11.323) on an NI-700 and some programs that I load cause the web server not to respond. I can?t figure out what these programs have in common other than they are larger size programs (approx.700K-800K .tkn files.) These programs are straight Netlinx with no DUET modules. The programs operate just fine and I can FTP in and Telnet in without any problems at all but the web server just plain refuses to respond.

What I should be seeing is shown in the attached good picture. However, when I first hit the web server after a reboot, I get a crippled interface as shown in the attached bad picture. The interface is incomplete and the links are dead. If I close the browser and then try to hit the web server again, the web server doesn?t respond at all.

When I Telnet in to view the log I don?t see anything out of the ordinary and when I do a show mem it looks like I have plenty of volatile and non volatile memory available. The diagnostics window doesn?t log any problems as far as I can tell either.

Has anyone ever run across this before? Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong that causes the web server not to respond even though the code runs fine and I can FTP and Telnet in?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Tech Note 766 addresses this issue. Increasing the available DUET memory from 1Mb to 2Mb with the SET DUET MEMORY command did the trick. I?m not using any DUET modules in these programs (which are supposed to eat up this type memory), however, increasing the memory allocation and a reboot brought the web server back to life.
  • Options
    Good Answer
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    Tech Note 766 addresses this issue. Increasing the available DUET memory from 1Mb to 2Mb with the SET DUET MEMORY command did the trick. I?m not using any DUET modules in these programs (which are supposed to eat up this type memory), however, increasing the memory allocation and a reboot brought the web server back to life.

Don't you love those tech notes? What (who) prompted you to look? :)
  • Options
    I have a NXF with a ME260/64 running the latest firmware (3.11.323) and the web server never loads the Web Control Section. I tried changing the duet memory allocation using "SET DUET MEMORY" command to 2M, 4M, 8M and of course rebooting after the change and I still can't get the Web Control section to load/Show up. It does load the left navigation bar, but when I click on "Manage Connections", it never loads anything, just a blank screen. The "Set Duet Memory" worked fine for 2 NI-3000. My program is small 700K with no duet modules. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ricardo
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I reset DUET memory to 4M as a matter of course if using a DUET module. I have yet to be so crammed for memory that it was an issue.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have a NXF with a ME260/64 running the latest firmware (3.11.323) and the web server never loads the Web Control Section. I tried changing the duet memory allocation using "SET DUET MEMORY" command to 2M, 4M, 8M and of course rebooting after the change and I still can't get the Web Control section to load/Show up. It does load the left navigation bar, but when I click on "Manage Connections", it never loads anything, just a blank screen. The "Set Duet Memory" worked fine for 2 NI-3000. My program is small 700K with no duet modules. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ricardo
    I seem to recall Web Control being broken, but I do not remember any particulars. I don't use it from the panel anyway, I just run RealVNC and point it at the panel. If going in from the outside with a NAT router, you have to do that anyway, and forward port 5900 to the panel. Since RealVNC is free, if the customer wants remote access, I just point them to the download and give the the IP info (which is easy enough since I create a DynDNS account for every customer anyway).